Terre des hommes (Tdh) is leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash, Child Protection and Education sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- IT Officer will be primarily responsible with assisting and facilitating the installation and configuration of IT infrastructure, staff training and operations of IT activities in TDH NGA Nigeria Field Offices.
- The ICT Officer is reporting to the Field Coordinator with dotted lines to the Deputy Logistics Manager for Utilities/Facilities and will work closely with Logistics Coordinator and all program sectors to ensure proper ICT functioning and support
Responsibilities & Tasks
Installation & Configuration of:
- Servers, server operating system and software, desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals.
- Local Area Network, wireless network, Firewalls, essential network services peer-to-peer or client server architecture, as appropriate.
- Windows 10 operating system image.
Maintenance, Repair & Security:
- Perform preventative maintenance on all TdH NGA computers and network resources.
- Implement and manage backup solutions for office/individual users as per TdH NGA IT recommendations and provide the necessary training on the use of these back-up solutions.
- Update appropriate network security and data loss prevention procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users and damage to data.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
- Closely collaborate with the TdH HQ IT Unit on helpdesk, connectivity and other in country and global TDH NGA IT projects.
- Investigate local Internet connectivity options to obtain adequate bandwidth for Intranet and application connectivity.
- Create and maintain TdH NGA computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
- Create and maintain network documentation to include but not limited to IP address, system access, email creation request, upgrades and changes to original network, etc.
Training, Evaluation, & Testing:
- Develop and implement user and support staff training, including training on basic care and maintenance of computers and equipment for users.
- Test and evaluate new technology as required by TdH HQ IT Unit.
- Prepare and submit regular reports that provide sufficient detail for TdH HQ to understand the country office’s computer environment, needs, IT staff availability and skill levels and future plans.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is always upheld.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- Candidates should possess a Master’s degree / Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years work experience.
- Formal education/training in ICT desired – can be compensated with experience in Logistics (at discretion of evaluation team)
- Previous experience with an NGO is desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful environment
- Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Significant previous experience with similar tasks, particularly in Information and Communication Technologies
- Advance IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet, Server, LINUX)
- Experience in team management
- Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Ability to investigate issues and requirements and identify and prioritize appropriate solutions.
- Help other employees in the use of various technologies.
- Ability to build professional relationships with key stakeholders and staff.
- Demonstrated interest in technology advanced within the firm.
- Desirable: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing processes, constantly seeking process improvement.
- Ability to work in a flexible hour when required.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), Hausa and Kanuri.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Ensure to attach your updated CV, Motivation Letter in a single file on or before the above-stated closing date.
- Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only
Application Deadline 25th September, 2020.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter