Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Operations
Job Number 18002DXP
Job Category: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Brand: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type: Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
- The position ensures Hotel Operations meet the brand’s standards, targets customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department and developing positive owner relations.
- Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment.
- Functions as the strategic business leader of the property’s Hotel Operations.
- Areas of responsibility may include Front Office, Recreation/Health Club, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage/Culinary and Engineering/Maintenance.
- Position works with direct reports (department heads) to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives.
Core Work Activities
- Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
- Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
- Works with hotel management team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
Managing Revenue Goals:
- Monitors hotel operations sales performance against budget.
- Reviews reports and financial statements to determine hotel operations performance against budget.
- Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- Reviews the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
Leading Operations and Department Teams:
- Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and ensures alignment amongst the hotel leadership teams.
- Develops systems to enable employees to understand guest satisfaction results.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
Managing the Guest Experience:
- Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms and Food and Beverage areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change, ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Operations (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
Education and Experience:
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area. OR
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply