We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Superintendent
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Responsible for assisting the assigned Vessel Manager in implementing and maintaining a safe, cost efficient and environmentally sound operation standard in compliance with the Thome Management System (TMS) as well as International Marine regulations for a given number of vessels
- Advise Masters / Chief Engineers and Ship Staff on:
- Local requirements / regional requirements
- Requirements from charterer, local contract holder, NIMASA, etc.
- Community issues
- Local cultural awareness
- Assist in arranging onboard training by co-coordinating with the appointed training company.
- Carry out onboard training for vessel crews, covering Thome HSSEQ training and other relevant in-house training
- Assisting vessels for documenting / conducting risk assessments, evaluation and monitoring, in liaison with the HSSEQ department
- Assist in periodical management review of TMS, record findings from the reviews and propose actions if necessary.
- Assist with local procurement / supply chain management, in line with procurement department procedures and in liaison with the appointed purchaser
- Provide input for performance evaluations of Masters and Ch. Engineers assigned to the vessel under supervision
- Provide input to the Manning Department on recruitment of Senior Officers for the assigned vessels
- Assist the Vessel Manager in the planning and monitoring of vessel repairs, dry dockings and conversions in the assigned region
- Assist the Vessel Manager in arranging and following up of repairs and services from local vendors
- Attend dry-dockings, under the direction of the assigned Vessel Manager
- Represent Thome at meetings with owners, principals, charterers and local contract holders
- Conduct pre-employment interviews for any proposed new-hire crew, in liaison with the Vessel Manager
- Assist the Vessel Manager in following up the on-board maintenance system, monitor the status and act on overdue items.
- Assist Vessel Manager with the Class and Statutory surveys.
- Liaise with principals if required, regarding vessel safe operations, including regular visits to in-country principals
- Visit vessels regularly. On a monthly basis, one Superintendent visit report (Form 64A & B) to be completed and left onboard, and copy submitted to the office, any observation /defects identified during the inspection should be entered into Ocean Manager TDL.
- Provide input for the annual, tri-annual or quarterly management reports, as agreed with each Principal
- Assist in supporting and preparing vessels for external inspections (OVID, CMID, PSC, ISM / ISPS / MLC etc.) as directed, including attendance onboard during such inspections
- Previous experience as Chief Engineer on PSV/AHTS. Experience on Subsea vessels, Offshore Construction vessels, DSV, Offshore Barges
- A proven track record as Superintendent for a minimum of 1 year in a shore based offshore vessel operator will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter