Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Engineer
- We are looking for an engineer skilled in developing for analytics, BI, data vis platforms
- The candidate will interact daily with the rest of the team (like they are any other member of the team)
- They will be expected to be senior enough that they can own projects, work with stakeholders and meet deadlines
- The candidate will work on migration from Redshift to Snowflake, feature engineering for Data Science team and data pipelines related to personalization of email, push and SMS
- Not just query speed improvements, but helping to implement and redesign our current data pipelines and data lake -> data warehouse -> data mart tables so heavy on ETL
- Daily standup around 11AM PST, weekly staff meeting, bi-weekly grooming, bi-weekly spring planning, a few other meetings with stakeholders per week
- Apache Airflow
Great to Haves:
- Elasticsearch and Kafka
- AWS (ec2, Redshift, EMR, S3, DMS)
Primary Skills Required:
- Looker engineer skilled in data vis, snowflake, data engineering, data architectures, reporting / analytics and dashboard building, data warehousing, SQL
Job Title: Principal Engineer – Frontend (Technology)
What You’ll Do
- In this role, you will work as a Principle Frontend Engineer within the Technology organization, building world-class internal and customer facing products to support Andela’s business needs.
- Our Andelan Principal Engineers are renowned for their technical prowess. They are admired and respected for the depth of their technical expertise and leadership.
- Use your expert knowledge to deliver complex software solutions that will delight our partners around the world.
- Make meaningful and impactful technical decisions with a keen understanding of the operational ramifications.
- Share responsibility for strategically scaling Andela’s systems.
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations, ideas, and approaches.
- Provide technical leadership to fast-paced teams, while delivering value, unparalleled enthusiasm, and a relentless commitment to excellence.
- Build great software while continuously learning and expanding your skill set.
What You’ll Bring
All Andela engineers go above and beyond. To find out more about additional suggested competencies, check out our engineer framework.
- A minimum of 6 years professional experience, during which you’ve built deep technical expertise and demonstrated technical leadership.
- Expertise in building modern Angular based Single Page Applications
- Extensive experience working with fundamental front-end languages/technologies, HTML, CSS, Sass (SCSS) framework
- Expertise in design and management of large scale, secure, cloud based software deployment environments
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Extensive experience with architecture and design principles, building to consider maintainability, performance, security requirements, and impact
- Deep knowledge of unit/integration testing, and testing frameworks/libraries
- Comfort working within agile methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management
- Excellent soft skills that enable you to lead and empower your team, and deliver the highest value
- Mentorship experience that helps others in approaching and solving for ambiguous efforts
- Strong understanding of business practices, engineering process, and industry trends
Expertise with the following specific tools:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Frontend UI component library, Angular Material
- Linting tools, ESLint
- Testing frameworks, Jasmine, Karma
- Containerization tools, Docker, Kubernetes
- Cloud based CI/CD tools, CircleCI, CodeClimate
Job Title: Development Assessment Lead
About the Role
- Andela is looking for an experienced software development leader to join our growing Assessment team and help us steer the Dev Tech Assessment’s future. This is not a typical software development job, as you will not be building and shipping products. Instead, you will work on improving a robust assessment process for determining which software developers ultimately join Andela’s talent network.
Our existing process for assessing software engineers consists of three stage:
- Automated English Proficiency and Online Test:
- This step is a combination of AI-based tests validating English proficiency and online coding exams in relevant competencies.
- Technical interview:
- During the live meeting, the professional screener evaluates soft and communication skills, problem-solving and theoretical knowledge.
- Profile Optimization and Mapping:
- The last stage is a consultative review of experience to better enable the Andela Matching algorithm and discover suitable client opportunities.
We have a well-defined process to assess software engineers, and we need to keep improving it. We need someone who is a problem solver, a creative thinker, and who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
If this sounds like you, keep reading – we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company, and you can truly live anywhere while doing this job.
- Once a candidate applies for the Andela Talent Network, they have to go through several interviewing steps.
- You will be responsible for keeping the online test fresh and the structure of the technical interview up with the latest technological advancements. Our goal is to assess prospective talent’s technical and soft skills, validate their experience and knowledge, and ensure we accept only the best engineers into the Andela Talent Network.
- We expect you to contribute actively with your ideas, define at first, and later keep improving our assessment process. We need a leader that will drive and expand the Dev Tech Assessment team further.
- You will also work with our PMs to implement that process into the product.
- Several years of technical and engineering experience in working with the latest technology.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred, but not a dealbreaker.
- Team leadership experience is a huge plus.
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Clear communicator with the ability to articulate strategic direction, tradeoffs, and business recommendations to executive stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and a high bar for quality when it comes to writing documentation and defining future assessment processes.
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company with ease.
- Data-driven with analytical skills and fluency in dealing with data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication tends to over-document and over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is very important!
- Humble and willing to learn/grow. We need confident and capable people who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to help our talent succeed.
Job Title: Delivery Partner
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- Andela’s Enterprise Department is charged with delivering high quality and value software engineering services for our Enterprise clients.
- Our core delivery model is embedding teams in charge of delivery digital products who are remote and distributed.
- As such, you’ll need to be an expert in enabling talented people to deliver their best, providing the support and quality control needed to help them through challenges, and developing the processes, protocols and procedures necessary to scale with our clients.
- We are seeking seasoned engineering leaders who can support the process of connecting brilliant talent with opportunities at scale.
- Your core stakeholders are Andela’s Clients and Talent and so you’re simultaneously the voice of each to various stakeholders. You are constantly asking yourself:
- How do I better ensure Andela Clients are wowed with the quality, engagement and productivity of their Andela teams?
- How do I better ensure that Andela’s teams are prepared, onboarded, supported, and continue to grow as they deliver for our clients?
- How do I work with Product/Tech teams at Andela in automating every task that helps our talent deliver value to Clients?
- You are eager for the challenge of providing exceptional services. You have a high EQ and a strong moral compass in everything you do.
- Manage talent on Andela’s engagements, in a distributed environment, to deliver with excellence for Andela’s clients.
- Enforce best practices to ensure quality is delivered.
- Managing a portfolio of 6 – 8 enterprise clients, up to a team of 60 talent
- Work with Andela’s Product and Tech teams to automate Delivery management workflows and Talent performance review.
- Supporting the onboarding and offboarding of technical and non-technical(e.g. Business Analysts, Product Owners etc) talent on client engagements.
- Serving as the main technical escalation point and trusted collaborator for your clients, advising them on process improvements, working together to ensure that expectations are met, delivery is streamlined, and swift issue resolutions, should they occur.
- Generate monthly client engagement dashboards that highlight the key achievements of your engineering team(s).
- Be aware of all aspects of your engagement, including client company/team make-up, relevant stakeholders and members, existing products, process, pain-points, and when possible, the roadmap.
- Be prepared to work with Client Partners and Enterprise Sales Executives in creating proposals, delivering High end solutions as the Portfolio grows.
- Work with Enterprise Talent Partners to define the benchmarks for Assessment, Quality at an account level. Be accountable for both incoming and ongoing talent in your portfolio.
- Have a four-year Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited University.
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on in a software engineering role.
- A minimum of 2 years in a technical leadership and/or engineering management role.
- Technical proficiency in at least one core language.
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, modern environments and build pipelines, standards and best practices, and development tools.
- Experience leading remote Engineering delivery teams in software development, technology consulting, and/or software product management.
- Experience working in an agile environment, with a strong understanding of roles, processes, core metrics, and how to strategically increase team velocity.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills and can work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Scrum Master certification and/or PMP/PMI certification preferred.
- A deep commitment to Andela’s mission.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This is a fully remote, work-from-home role.
- Andela provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.