Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Logistics Officer – Weighbridge Operator
Job Code: Logistics-Obajana-002
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: DCP – Logistics
- Provide support for the logistics function by managing Dispatch activities (weigh in and weigh out) to ensure all inbound and outbound trucks weight are accurately captured and documented, with focus on time, in order to meet up with customers demand.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the plant weighbridge to measure, record and document all incoming and outgoing vehicles
- To verify all documents presented at the weighbridge before carrying on any transaction
- Maintain a log of incoming and outgoing trucks from the plant, with information including quantity of products, arrival/ departure time, name of the driver, etc.
- Prepare and submit reports at hourly intervals as per the activities taking place in weighbridges
- Generate report at a closing hour and submit same as performing.
- Ensure that all weighbridge activities comply with DCP’s Health, Safety, and Environment standards.
- Participate in receipt / measure all inbound materials e.g., Gypsum, AGO, PMS, etc.
- During downtime, the immediately responsible unit should be informed to resolved, record the same in the logbook
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Transport Management, Purchasing & Supplies or Business Administration
Skills and Competencies:
- Attention to detail and quality while in the process.
- Basic knowledge of relevant supporting tools
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies, and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements.
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislation relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply