BASF West Africa Limited – We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance, but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF’s regional division EMEA Europe, Middle East, Emerging Europe and Africa. BASF operates in more than 50 countries in the region. For BASF the EMEA region is our most important market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Key Account Manager
Job ID: 53522
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Field: Marketing & Sales
Job Type: Permanent
What You Can Expect
- The successful incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the strategic relationships and stakeholder engagements.
Duties will include the following:
- In coordination with the SBU’s take ownership of all account activities, including the development and execution of the account plan and ensure alignment with the SBU strategies
- In collaboration with relevant business units drive all commercial discussions and take responsibility for the overall sales process, aiming to meet or exceed sales and profitability targets
- Develop and maintain strategic long-term business relationships with the accounts (all decision-makers) to promote brand value
- Utilize product application knowledge as well as thorough knowledge of entire customer and market value chain to anticipate market trends/needs
- Serve as a liaison (single point of contact) between account and BASF departments to provide ongoing support and ensure customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate professional leadership, motivation and coaching of sales teams, including management of virtual teams Provide accurate sales forecast, supporting efficient planning of products and services
- Influence decision-makers in a complex environment within and outside BASF on all levels, and drive actions/decisions even without disciplinary responsibility
What We Expect
- An M.Sc in Chemistry in the related field
- Demonstrate customer and business focus
- Priority will be given to Nigerian National with a good command in at least one of the following languages: Hindi, Bengali, Marathi.
- Minimum of 5 years plus working experience in Sales / Business Development / Marketing
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: BASF is an equal opportunity employer which we embrace diversity and the principles of employment equity
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2021.