Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe State
Job Type: Full Time
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Sector Manager
- To lead the process of filing, archiving and dissemination of grant management documents in line with the Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission and donor requirements
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To be the focal point for project staff seeking grant management documents and ensure timely and effective responses to inquiries for grant documents;
- Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use in both hard and soft copy (proposals, contracts, amendments, internal and donor reports, assessments, evaluations etc.)
- Work collaboratively with program staff to identify, and prioritize types of knowledge to develop and capture;
- Maintain processes to ensure knowledge management efforts are centralized and inform decision making especially program design;
- Support documentation of lessons learnt, best practices and proven innovations in programme design, implementation, monitoring and reporting to improve program design and implementation strategy;
- Monitor and disseminate regular sources of internal and external information and data and knowledge products with relevant staff members;
- Support with audit preparations by ensuring up to date archiving and availability of required documents;
- Consolidate and communicate case/success stories;
- Identify and recommend ways to create, share and utilize knowledge within the organization to contribute to a culture of knowledge sharing among cross-departmental teams to ‘institutionalize’ best practices.
- Create a culture of sharing this knowledge among staff, community partners and opinion leaders, and peers;
- Gather and archive all means of verification identified for various activities across different projects/programs;
- Following the archiving plan, store/record all grant documents in soft and hard; update the archive and share documents with relevant people on regular basis, ensuring everyone has the right and up to date versions;
- To support the Sector Manager in the development and submission of high quality internal and external reports, in line with the Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission as well as donor requirements
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to ensure that internal and donor timelines and deadlines are monitored, managed and met, as required by the line manager, and reporting mechanisms are strengthened;
- Completion of quantitative and qualitative Activity Progress Reports (APRs) together with the project team on a monthly basis and ensure they are ready on time for validation and further dissemination.
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, set team (Sector Managers, Officers) internal deadlines for providing their inputs to the report and monitor/record achievement versus deadlines.
- To support internal coordination and communication within the Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission and effective project implementation
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Update the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) on a weekly basis together with the project team;
- Extract from HR, Logistics and Finance follow up tools the information relevant to the project(s) for consumption by Project teams and senior management team to ease decision and prioritization process.
- Provide support to program staff to develop presentations and other communication and visibility items to highlight our work and share with internal and external stakeholders and meet project requirements;
- Facilitate the dissemination of specific information and documents, as and when required;
- Provide the required support for donor visits and external evaluations, when required;
- Coordination with country, regional and field offices to collect and disseminate vital grant management documents to make better use of information.
- Support the Grants and Reporting Manager in grant opening, review, and closing meetings, including attendance and minutes of meetings;
- Minute regularly internal coordination meetings (weekly coordination meeting, monthly, coordination meetings, kick-off meeting etc.);
- Minute external grant opening meetings, external stakeholders including meetings with community members and government stakeholder;
- University degree in the relevant field (Fundraising, Public Relations, Communications, Development, Humanitarian Aid, International Relations); Master’s degree preferred;
- At least two years of experience working in relief or development programs.
Skills & Experience
- Previous successful experience of working on humanitarian and development projects ;
- Knowledge of main donor regulations and priorities, including USAID, DFID, EU, UN and ECHO;
- Planning and Organizing;
- Ability to work in a multicultural context and be a team player;
- Ability to work independently under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to coordinate projects across different units/departments;
- Fluency in English;
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage to compete for urgent requests and priorities;
- Experience of project cycle management;
- Creativity and Initiative;
- Willingness to travel to the field.
- Experience of liaison and communication with international offices and donors;
- Good diplomatic and negotiation skills;
Minimum Basic Monthly Salary
NGN 236,585 per month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2020.