We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Supervisor
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- We are looking for an experienced Supervisory Chemist as Laboratory Supervisor to enhance our business in Nigeria
- You will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of laboratory operations as well as achieving and setting strategic goals and standards for the future.
- The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all matters laboratory related. They will be a competent leader able to provide guidance that maintains and improves facilities and enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the Company’s vision and culture.
- The business goals are to ensure the continued profitability of the Company’s laboratory activities to drive sustainable development and thereby ensure long-term success.
- Ensure adherence to safe and healthy working practices, legal regulations, Company Policies and Guidelines
- Perform and/or supervise compliant laboratory testing, supervise the work of laboratory employees and provide feedback and guidance to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure that the Company maintains its resources appropriately to complete its activities (i.e. people, materials, equipment etc.)
- Maintain favourable relationships with partners/clients/vendors/suppliers
- Gather, analyse and interpret external and internal data and produce reports where necessary
- Assess overall Company performance against objectives
- Travel on occasions to other Company facilities in and outside Nigeria and participate in training and/or marketing events.
- Organise and coordinate laboratory operations to ensure maximum productivity
- Develop goals and objectives that ensure continued growth and prosperity of the laboratory function
- Design and/or implement plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals
- BSc in Science related discipline (or similar with explanations of how qualification and experience is fitting to the role advertised)
- Proven experience as laboratory supervisor or relevant role
- Proven record of compliance and operation of systems of work/quality systems
- Good working knowledge of MS Office packages and information systems
- Thorough understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques
- Ability and availability to work extended and unsocial hours/weekend/public holiday at short notice
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Self-driven team player with the ability to evaluate when to work collectively, individually, or to delegate.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Package: to be discussed with due regard to the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their up to date CV and background as to why you believe you may be the suitable candidate for the role to “Minaso C. Membere” via: [email protected]
Note: Selected candidates will then be sent detailed information about the role and asked to further confirm continued interest, after which we will shortlist candidates for assessment and interview
Application Deadline 26th February, 2019.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter