Nutri K Limited is a subsidiary of Nutriset Group which was established to provide technical support in the specialized manufacturing, commercialization and distribution process of ready to-use food for the treatment and prevention of malnutrition in Nigeria. With a population of nearly 180 million people, Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa. However, every year, over 500.000 children under the age of five years old die from malnutrition. About 1.7million of Nigerian children suffer from severe acute malnutrition, and close to a third of the 10 million under 5 age children suffer from chronic malnutrition; NUTRIK LTD is dedicated to the fight against malnutrition in Nigeria.
The company specialized in manufacturing nutritional food used for the care of children affected by malnutrition. NUTRIK supplies humanitarian and health programmes with high quality ready-to-use-therapeutic and supplementary food (RUTF, RUSF), as well as lipid-based nutrient supplements (LNS).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Duration: Permanent Contract.
- The Laboratory Technician is responsible for the quality, food safety and esthetics of the product.
- The Lab technicians follow through on set processes and ensure adherence to good manufacturing practices (GMP), food safety, Quality Food standards and product quality standards.
- To sample and check product to ensure it meets NUTRIK standards and to lift the overall quality of Plumpy’Nut product going to the customer by:
- Maintaining and improving good practices.
- Facilitating change to achieve continuous improvement in quality.
- Providing assurances that quality standards are being met.
- Overviewing daily production quality at site level.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for monitoring, and programing critical control points (CCP).
- Responsible for monitoring and product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for performing sanitation verification and allergen testing on equipment and other areas required.
- Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and Documentation.
- Conduct standardized chemistry and microbiological tests on food, premix, and raw materials in order to ensure compliance with standards and regulations
- Collect product samples for lab retains and the laboratory when directed.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Ensures the correct recipe guidelines for products are met during processing.
- Ensures employees are following all Food Safety and worker safety practices.
- Ensures and educates employees on food safety standards.
- Education Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology.
- Work Experience: 2 years’ food industry plant experience.
- Language Skills: English & Hausa
Other Required Skills:
- Self-motivated with proven leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, effectively under pressure, and
- Deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexible availability; we work night and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have a positive attitude.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
- Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and Nutri K reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.
Application Deadline 31st August, 2021.