Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting passionate, self-motivated, and highly qualified individuals to fill the underlisted vacant position, in response to organisational expansion:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Job ID: sfh-09385
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidate will cover one or more of SFH’s PHCs in Delta State under the A2F scheme.
- He/she will coordinate, supervise, and manage the activities/operations of the Laboratory in facility. He/she will also be responsible for laboratory management in the facility.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Receive, label, and analyse samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
- Design and execute laboratory testing according to standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are always followed strictly and maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Support the medical team in Community outreaches.
- Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids, and compressed gases according to safety instructions
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess an appropriate certification from a recognized institution.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years professional experience; especially in a Hospital setting.
- Valid practicing licence from the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria for 2022.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite at the minimum. Other computer skills will be of added advantage
Skills and Competencies required:
- A laboratory technician with knowledge and skill in clinical laboratory management
- Has skill in collection of adequate samples from patient and label correctly.
- Ability to work as a team member and be able to function independently on the job whenever necessary, to cope with stress and to organise and prioritize workload
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on patients’ medical records
- Ability to speak some local language in state of implementation, ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
- Accurate documentation of patient result into the laboratory book and system
- Experience with primary healthcare services in the community setting, as well as community education, advocacy, and mobilisation skills.
- Good relationship management/ interpersonal skills, as well as interpersonal communication skills
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for these positions is based on industry standards, and designed to attract, motivate, and incentivise talented individuals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th July, 2022.
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply