Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Limited (SEEPCO) is an indigenous company that ventured into Exploration and Production (E&P) business in the year 2005. SEEPCO participated in the 2005 bid round held by Department of Petroleum Resoucres (DPR) and was successful with license OML 143 (formerly OPL 280).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Land Surveyor
Location: Ikot-Abasi, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting Line: Site Manager
- We are looking to hire Land Surveyor who will be responsible for carrying out suurvey works such as laying out, setting out works, checking elevation and coordinates, calculates varous area/volume etc. to provide all required data to Site Manager to execute site works in line with project HSE guidelines and specifications.
- Taking measurements of distances and angles on a property or section of land in order to establish legal boundaries.
- Employing specialized equipment, including distance measuring wheels, GPS, and geographic information system (GIS) devices to measure boundaries and contours.
- Analyzing data using plans, maps, charts, and software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs.
- Presenting data to clients and preparing reports detailing legal boundaries and other relevant information.
- Collaborating and working with project managers, construction crews, and government agencies, when necessary.
- Performing mathematical calculations to determine and confirm surveying measurements.
- Marking and delineating boundaries and reference points on a property or section of land.
- Researching and consulting historical maps and surveys, as well as legal documents, relating to the property or section of land they are measuring.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Surveying, Geomatics, Geospatial Sciences, Geophysics, or a related field.
- 10 -12 years of work experience under a licensed Professional Surveyor
- Valid P.S. license.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using hand surveying tools (distance measuring wheels, plumb bobs, levels) and electronic surveying tools (transit levels, GPS equipment).
- Working knowledge of software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Land Surveyor” as the subject of the mail