A foremost and leading Newspaper House based in Lagos state with branches across the country is in need of suitable, qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Head, Circulation
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- The job holder will assist the Head, Circulation in every day planning and managing circulation activities and ensure the achievement of agreed quantity circulated and sales revenue in print and digital
- He will assist in addressing operational circulation issues, support in the implementation of the circulation plan of the company, and assist to develop practical operational plans aimed at capturing increased visibility and availability of the brand opportunities across all client segments in all geo-political regions
- The Assistant Head, Circulation will assist to manage the operational circulation requirements of the Newspaper and ensure it is visible and available for continued increase sales in the identified geo-political regions
- Good knowledge of the Newspaper Circulation dynamics in Nigeria
- Able to maintain good relationship with agents and vendors
- Applying verifiable means of selling newspapers outside agents and vendors
- Assigning contingent marketers to approved territories or zones
- Monitoring of Marketers sales activities and giving of appropriate direction
- Monitoring of newspaper sales across all the territories and zones
- Keeping record of progressive growth in newspaper sales level
- Obtaining sales information about competitors and using same to deploy actions
- Periodic submission of sales report and its interpretations as required by Management
- The person must have the drive, be result-oriented, think outside the box; one who can inject fresh ideas to promote sales and broaden the circulation network of the newspaper within a short time
- The person must be vibrant, agile and be within the age-bracket of 30 and 45 years.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc or HND in Marketing or any other Social Science course with minimum of 5 years working experience in a media firm
- Good knowledge of country and the regions and in particular Lagos State
- The candidate must have had at least 5 – 7 years cognate experience and must have the required contacts among newspaper distributors, agents and vendors across the country.
Skills and Competencies:
- Planning and Organizational Skills necessary
- Good understanding of the following areas: Comparative Analysis, Sales Planning, Understanding the Customers / Agencies, Product knowledge Development, and relationship management;
- Very good oral and written communication skills;
- Computer literacy; with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Job Title: Head, Circulation
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- The ideal Candidate is expected to be a passionate leader, smart and highly aggressive Circulation expert with verifiable proven record of achieving high circulation and subscription deals in newspapers print and digital sales and circulation.
- The job holder plans, directs and manages circulation activities and makes sure there is effective achievement on agreed quantity circulated and sales revenue both in print and digital
- He will address critical circulation issues, to shape the strategic agenda for the company, and to develop practical plans to capture increased visibility and availability of the brand opportunities across client segments, geo-political regions (Lagos & South West, South East & South and Abuja & North)
- The Head, Circulation will manage the strategic and operational circulation requirements of the Newspaper and ensure it is visible and available everywhere in the identified geo-political regions for continued increase in sales and revenue growth.
- Develops circulation sales strategies to achieve short, medium and long term sales revenue objectives and targets
- Communicates regularly with Logistics, haulage and other vendors to discuss existing, new and improved circulation projects and maintains good relationships with them to ensure continuous business growth and reduced costs
- Manages the Circulation Team in the geo-political regions to canvass for circulation sales and subscription in the newspaper and through the digital medium
- Ensures on-time delivery and quality of service
- Reviews the transport, logistics and haulage processes and suggests improvements if any with the eye for reduction in cost
- Develops innovative and creative ideas for increasing circulation sales and Prioritize customers based on revenue potential
- Determines new circulation sales opportunities by studying the latest market trends, new sectors and customers
- Determines Circulation sales forecasts and present the figures to the Management
- Prepares Circulation sales presentations and proposals for clients
- Identifies Circulation sales problems and challenges within particular geo-political regions and proffer solutions which may include improvements and change in circulation approaches and methods
- Identifies market opportunities by locating consumer requirements, defining trends, benchmarking competitors’ strengths and weaknesses against circulation sales, forecasting projected business opportunities and establishing targeted market share for the individual Circulation team
- Monitors competitors’ Circulation sales and marketing activities and advising the company on how to sharpen its competitiveness
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and anticipating or seeking new opportunities
- Provides up-to-date information on the Circulation sales performance of the company’s services by analyzing and summarizing data and trends
- Apart from Vendors and Agents, the ideal applicant must be able to put in place excellent strategy to ensure the Newspaper reach all the targeted audiences, markets and individuals and by so doing expand the visibility
- Boost the subscribers’ base, ensure that the Newspaper reach relevant stakeholders and operators in the industry.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Business, Management or any relevant discipline. A Master’s Degree, particularly an MBA, will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7-15 years cognate experience with at least 5 years at Senior Officer level to Managerial in the print media or agency,
- Membership of Advertising Practitioners’ Council of Nigeria (APCON)
- Experience in identifying and developing new markets
- Excellent management ability of a team of 40 – 50 employees
Skills and Competencies:
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Good understanding of the following areas: Competitive Analysis, Advert Sales Planning, Understanding the Customers / Agencies, Product Development, and Client relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate; Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Deadline: 1st September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV alongside with photocopies of their credentials to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.