Beacongate Limited – The company is primarily set up to help transform the latent abilities and potentials of Entrepreneurs, Professionals and Executives and make them realize their full potentials as well as create leadership brands that would make them distinct. This involves using approaches that lead to self discovery, awareness of situations, empowering for positive actions and actualization of goals and visions. We offer customized solutions to meet your personal and business needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Reporting Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Finance and Business Support
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- To provide support in book keeping, capturing of accounting transactions, bank reconciliation, reporting on financial transactions and payroll. Prepares records for remittance of staff related statutory payments i.e. PAYE, Pension, etc.
- Relates effectively with the organisation’s relationships with financial service providers.
- Processes monthly payrolls in accordance with payroll policies and procedures and within specified payroll timetables and updates all new joiners, changes and leavers records, in accordance with appropriate documentation
- Document and update records of all fixed assets to ensure assets are properly valued, accounted for and safeguarded
- Prepares records for remittance of staff related statutory payments i.e. PAYE, Pension, NHF, etc.
- Processes expense retirement ledgers to ensure proper accountability of all cash advances
- Assists in the generation of monthly financial reports
- Handles all aspects of assigned bookkeeping activities such as journals and nominal ledger administration by updating the accounting application with transactions as they occur
- Assists the Management Accountant with the preparation of monthly management accounts including review and reconciliation
- Assists the Accounting & Reporting Lead with analysis and reconciliations to support statutory accounts audit process
- Prepares monthly payroll to facilitate payment to staff and forwards to Accounting & Reporting Lead for review
- Implements accounting controls in day-to-day performance of tasks (e.g. confirm the accuracy of general ledger codes on the accounting system)
- Documents and updates record of all fixed assets to ensure assets are properly valued, accounted for and safeguarded
- Collates and consolidates financial information from all business units and prepares trial balance
Key Performance Measures:
- Financial Risk Management and Controls
- Frequency of occurrence of fraud
- Frequency and impact of controls gaps in accounting procedures
- Non-compliance to finance policies and procedures
- Financial Reporting
- Timeliness of generating relevant financial reports
- Accuracy of management reports
- Sanctions from regulatory authorities arising from late or inaccurate statutory reports
- Accounts Management
- Integrity of physical and electronic accounting information
- Timely resolution of accounts discrepancies
- Accuracy in documentation and easy retrieval of financial transaction records
- Asset and Fund Management
- Accuracy of fixed asset records
- Effective Monitors of income and expenditure
- Accuracy of ledgers for accounts – Payables, Receivables etc.
- Statutory Compliance
- Number of defaults recorded in payment of Tax, Pension remittance and other statutory payments
- Ratio of compliance cost to company’s revenue.
- Must have experience with letters of credit, it is an added advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in the Finance/ Treasury/ Accounts function in a similar organization
- Must not be more than 32 years of age.
- Minimum of first degree/HND in Finance/ Accounting or any related discipline is required
- Relevant professional certification from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
Skills and Competencies:
- Financial management, accounting, analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Knowledge of effective ageing analysis
- Knowledge of Accounting systems and standards
- Knowledge of ERP Accounting application
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication (written & verbal).
N80,000.00 to N100,000.00 /month
Job Title: Fashion House Manager
Job Types: Full-time, New-Grad
- Must be a graduate of Fashion Designing or a related discipline
- Minimum Requirements HND
- Must be savvy of Social Media Management
- Must be Female
- Knowledge and Passion for anything Fashion.
- Manage garment producing factory and liaise with team heads and tailors to formulate objectives and understand requirements.
- Periodic preparation of production budget and costing.
- Organize work schedules to meet job specifications and deadlines.
- Oversee recruitment, training and performance evaluation of production personnel (production supervisor, creative assistant, machinist, tailors, stoners, beaders etc.)
- Estimate the amount of the required production resources (workforce, machines, raw materials etc.)
- Ensure the machines, tools and equipment are in good working condition.
- Monitoring and providing daily status report of jobs – finished jobs and work in progress.
- Deep knowledge of production management and quality standards
- Outstanding communication ability and attention to detail Proven experience as production head/supervisor
- Must be able to relate well with customers.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under
- Pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork: Play a key team player role and set & example to team and others contributing to the success of achieving a shared goal.
- Commitment: Manifesting a steadfast courageous and loyal commitment to the company and the team.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings on time.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources;
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision making process, makes timely decisions and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Productivity: Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase quantity; works quickly and effectively with minimal supervisory oversight.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 11th June, 2019.