BusinessDay is the leading medium for up-to-date news and insightful analysis of business, policy and the economy in Nigeria. We are a critical decision-making tool for investors and managers. We provide unbiased news and informed analysis on politics, governance, social and economic trends for the general reader.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Sales Executive
- The B2B Digital Sales Executive is responsible for leading Businessday’s market wide approach to providing Businessday’s digital service products to commercial accounts.
- This role will drive improved performance of existing B2B business customers and develop plans to maximize sales growth and manage gross profit margin.
- He or she will develop materials and execute an outside sales approach to acquire new accounts. This position also acts as the B2B customer advocate, collaborating cross functionally with all Businessday brands providing digital and ecommerce solutions.
- The ideal candidate also needs to understand, anticipate, and report on customer needs/barriers to ensure the service model is driving increased sales/customer satisfaction.
- Develop commercial strategies and roadmaps to deliver the B2B sales and margin goals
- Generate new business revenue from digital service products to corporates, delivering against and exceeding set targets
- Demonstrate knowledge of the features, benefits and advantages of Businessday digital service products and solutions to qualify potential product and solutions opportunities and grow revenue.
- Work with the wider corporate sales teams to develop and close new business sales
- Acquire knowledge of customers’ businesses and organizational structures and demonstrate an understanding of their main business needs, to match the correct Businessday digital service proposition for the customer
- Investigate and analyze customer data to identify ways to improve customer usage and increase Businessday’s digital products and minimize risk of customer cancellations
- Maintain accurate and appropriate client records to provide timely management information.
- Build understanding and metrics around top B2B customer groups for the purpose of Businessday digital services improvement and acquisition
- Contribute ideas and insights in support of Businessday’s eCommerce omnichannel commercial plan and customer experience
- Build and share reports and insights based on recent B2B performance data (sales, units, customers, baskets, repeat, penetration, etc.)
- Previous strong experience of – and a relish for business to business sales-Minimum of 5 years
- Face to face and institutional sales experience is essential
- E-commerce/B2B sales experience preferred
- Proven experience of consistently meeting and or exceeding sales targets
- Experience within a subscription/membership sales environment is preferred but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure, high-urgency sales environment
- Energy, positivity and a personable, customer-focused style
- Proven ability to build and develop relationships both internally and externally
- Clear, demonstrable understanding of the end to end sales process
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven persuasion and negotiation skills
- Must take initiative and be a self-starter
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Experience attending conferences, working meeting rooms and developing a good rapport with prospects
- Strong experience in relationship building
- High comfort level selling to senior level executives
- Positive, can-do, hands on approach when faced with obstacles to success
- Communication – Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated selling ability
- Collaboration – ability to build solid working relationships and influence both in-person and remotely across the organization at all levels
- Entrepreneurial Thinking – a self-starter with strong sense of accountability and ownership of the business with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Project Management – strong organizational skills including prioritization, time management and meeting deadlines
- Experimentation – not afraid to test & learn continuously; excels in dealing with ambiguity and loves a challenge
- Reporting – strives for continuous improvement by analyzing and sharing key results; uses reporting and forecasting to make informed business decisions
Job Title: Online Customer Acquisitions Specialist
- Businessday is looking to hire an Online Customer Acquisition Specialist to lead our online customer acquisition marketing strategy, tactics, planning and execution. We believe you should be highly analytical, data driven and seek to improve upon our key KPIs by acquiring the right type of customer.
- Design, manage and implement online customer acquisition marketing strategy to ensure that objectives are met to maximum efficiency.
- Manage monthly marketing spend making every coin count.
- Analyze and report data to measure the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Deliver against KPIs optimizing against customer lifetime value to meet annual forecast and goals.
- Provide results and recommendations against new approaches, customers, technologies, sites, for cutting-edge programs across web, mobile and all digital extensions.
- Develop recommendations to reach new customers through desktop and mobile campaigns, including creative and messaging strategy.
- Maintain agency relationships by setting goals, providing media assets, performance feedback, and managing budgets.
- Manage creative, ad, and landing page testing schedule to drive improved campaign results.
- Work with internal operations, developers and planning teams to maximize the impact of inflow of customers.
- Work with development and product teams to ensure user experience is as frictionless as possible, and make recommendations to improve conversion rates at each step of the user flow.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Advertising or a related analytical field.
- Minimum 5 years of customer acquisition digital marketing experience in a direct response environment.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics tools.
- Understanding of Facebook’s paid advertising platform, paid search, mobile media, affiliate marketing, display media, and sponsored content campaigns.
- Expertise in digital operations and digital business strategy.
- Agency background or experience working with digital media agencies is highly desired.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills including a strong understanding of online marketing metrics.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires the ability to multi-task and implement high priority initiatives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, planning, and project management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel (and proficiency in SQL) a plus.
- Basic Photoshop and HTML knowledge a plus.
Deadline: 30th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter