Chisla Associates is Nigeria’s leading media company driving the growth of the housing sector through a multifaceted channel approach encompassing TV, print, online media and live-interactive platforms.
These avenues which have grown into some of the most lucrative showcases for corporates, products and services within the built and construction sector including Abuja International Housing Show, Africa’s largest real estate and construction festival, Housing Development Programme on NTA & AIT, Housing Time on RayPower, Housing News Magazine and the largest housing news portal in the nation, africahousingnews.com.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: TV Presenter
Employment Type: Full time
- The ideal candidate should be able to collect information on assigned topics to report accurate and timely news.
- Talk to sources, follow-up on leads, and do research to be as well informed as possible. Fact-check their findings, then write them up in an article for printing or a script to be read on-air
- Writing of news stories, news reports and featured stories.
- Analyze and collect information through various modes such as personal interviews and news briefings to prepare news reports.
- Monitor daily events locally, nationally and internationally and assist others to gather current events.
- Prepare reports to keep the public informed about daily happenings.
- Coordinate with news editors and fellow reporters to develop story ideas for report writing.
- Maintain relations with all news sources on a daily basis to develop story ideas and compile appropriate reports.
- Perform research and write international, local and national news.
- Analyze and ensure accurate and crisp news reporting to avoid ambiguity and redundancy.
- Collaborate with news editors to improve story presentation.
- Work in assigned beat areas once every week to gather all local news.
- Coordinate with the graphics department to obtain visual elements for each story with appropriate photos or graphics.
- Manage staff photographers for all reports of local events.
- Candidates should possess HND qualification
- Must be abuja based or willing to relocate
- We are looking for a talented TV Presenter with not less than 2 years experience in an Abuja based leading Television production company.
- We need someone with excellent content writing and development skill.
- N75,000 – N150,000 monthly
Job Title: TV Video / Film Editor
Job Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a talented TV Video / Film Editor with experience working in an Abuja based Media Outfit.
- The Ideal candidtate should be able to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting. Ultimately, as a TV Video / Film Editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp production team needs and specifications
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a TV Video Editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
- BS degree in Film Studies, Cinematography or related field.
- N75,000 – N150,000 monthly
Deadline: 5th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter and Samples of your work to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter