MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Auditor
Employment Type: Full-time
- To deliver an independent, effective and efficient internal audit service.
- To perform the required audit tests and procedures of operational, financial and compliance audits with policies, procedures and regulations to evaluate and improve efficiency, promote good corporate governance.
- Provide an independent appraisal of the adequacy and effectiveness of the system controls set up by management to help run the organization and recommending relevant changes on areas requiring improvement.
- To ensure that business applications in various units of the Bank meet the intended benefits and are optimally utilized.
- Conduct periodic review of the business and operational risks to assess the effectiveness of established controls and compliance across the Bank and its subsidiaries.
Information Technology Audit & Control:
- Perform a daily review of IT user Activities on the Core Banking Applications
- Perform periodic User Access Rights review
- Application Change & Development Management
- Perform daily review of Voice Logger Application for Treasury department Trades
- Perform periodic reasonableness test on systems parameters and controls
- Support in the implementation of new systems and applications
- Assist in developing and executing a risk-based sampling and testing approach to determine whether the most important controls are operating as intended.
- Assist with periodic / quarterly audits to assess the effectiveness of established controls and compliance.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, events, issues, and developments to enable the development and implementation of appropriate control measures, monitoring mechanism as well as their continuous update / revision.
- Stay abreast of developments in professional auditing standards
- Assist in the prevention and / or detection of operational / fraud / business losses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related discipline with minimum of second class upper
- Recognized IT certifications e.g CISA, etc. is mandatory.
- A minimum of 8 years post-qualification experience with at least 4 years in IT audit related function.
- Good understanding of Internal Audit & Control Framework and Risk Based Audit
- Good Knowledge of systems and Application Controls
- Good understanding of transaction processing and business processes within the Merchant Bank Industry
- Ability to use Office Application suits such as Microsoft Application tools
- Knowledge of Information systems and Controls
- Data analysis skills is desirable
- Committed to self-development
- An inquisitive mindset and ability to pay keen attention to details
- Financial / banking industry knowledge
N600,000 – N1,000,000 / Month.
Job Title: Deputy Chief Audit Executive
Employment Type: Full-time
- Deputy to the Chief Audit Executive Support the CIA in the delivery of an independent, effective, and efficient internal audit service to the company.
- Lead the planning and conduct of operational, financial and compliance audits of the company with selected policies, procedures, and regulations to evaluate and improve efficiency, promote good corporate governance towards achieving company’s mission and vision.
- Provide an independent appraisal of the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls set up by management to help run the organization and recommending relevant changed on areas requiring improvement.
- Participate in the development of company’s overall strategic goals and ensure that these are cascaded to the Internal Audit department.
- Involved in the development and implementation of the Internal Audit department’s strategy ensuring it aligns with company’s corporate strategy and business goals.
- Preparation of the department’s annual budget and monitor its implementation.
- Support in the overall leadership and direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Continually review and implement improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the department.
- Oversee the continuous review of the business and operational risks facing the company in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanism/ frameworks.
- Coordinate with the risk management function to ensure acceptable risk and adequate mitigants are in place.
- Provide inputs and be proactively involved in the development of the business continuity plan.
- Develop and implement an annual internal audit plan and ensure compliance with approved plans.
- Establish and communicate the scope and objectives for internal audits to the appropriate groups/departments within the company.
- Identify control weaknesses/issues and proffer appropriate recommendations based on outcome of the audits.
- Follow-up and champion the implementation of audit recommendations.
Quality Assurance/ Compliance:
- Facilitate the review and identification of deviations from established operational policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements across all the company’s departments and provide recommendations/remediation actions as appropriate.
- Drive the standardization of control processes and practices as well as the application of relevant control tools and techniques within the organization.
- Oversee the execution of conduct spot checks/ risk-based sampling and testing approach on transactions and activities to evaluate adequacy of internal controls and efficiency /effectiveness of operations.
- Oversee performance analysis and review of key financial ratios and indicators (such as capital adequacy and reserve ratios) to ensure compliance with management’s established range/targets.
- Oversee the periodic review of completed audit work to ensure compliance with organisational and professional audit practices.
- Oversee the review of client credit files and ensure completeness of prerequisite/supporting documentations including letter of request, credit appraisal memo and appropriate authorizations and ensure that incomplete documentations are updated as required.
Administrative Support/ Advisory:
- Provide administrative support for external inspection/ audit activities.
- Run investigations into suspected fraudulent practices across the organization and determine/recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings.
- Industry Knowledge and Trends
- Keep abreast of industry trends, events, issues, and developments to enable the development and implementation of appropriate control measures, monitoring mechanism as well as their continuous update/revision.
- Stay abreast of developments in professional auditing standards and ensure necessary training and compliance.
Supervisory, Reporting and Other Duties:
- Ensure information dissemination and training of Internal Audit staff.
- Review and ratify the department’s activities, audit reports and make recommendations for improvement as required.
- Supervise the preparation of detailed reports of audit findings and provide recommendations to improve the internal control system, quality of processes and systems.
- Facilitate the documentation of periodic management and statutory reports as required:
- Fraud and forgery reports and circulate to banks, CBN and other financial institutions.
- Incident reports
- Confirmation reports for banks, customers, and external auditors.
- Act on behalf of, and perform any other duties as assigned by the MD.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Full implementation of the audit plan
- Timely response to regulatory and external inquiries
- Internal audit customers satisfaction survey
- Cost savings / containment
- Error rates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or relevant field and a relevant professional qualification, such as ACCA, ACA, CPA, or CFA.
- At a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the financial management/accounting function, 5 of which must be in a senior position within the audit function.
Key Competence Requirements
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles and audit standards, procedures, and techniques.
- Excellent understanding of the financial services landscape and inherent risks in the non-bank financial services industry.
- Strong knowledge of merchant banking operations.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework and the regulatory environment.
- Good knowledge of fraud behaviour and detection methodologies.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Financial management skills.
- Analytical and result oriented skills.
Job Title: Team Lead, Corporate Banking
Employment Type: Full-time
- This individual will support Head of Corporate Banking in developing and executing business strategy for Corporate Banking.
- This role will supervise all activities of the team members in driving market share, profitability, and related objectives of the division.
- Develop detailed proposals to source for funds across the identified banks products and services.
- Mobilise deposit and sell key products & services including trade finance and select asset productions and alternative channel services.
- Execute effective cross-selling of products from other service lines including advisory and asset management in the best interest of clients.
- Execute effective coverage of relationship within specific region.
- Coordinate due diligence for all prospect clients in line with regulatory requirement internal defined policies and procedures.
- Ensure accountability for the portfolio of clients, integrating and coordinating all the bank’s products and services to maximise the value of business relationships and originate profitable solutions for the Bank and clients.
- Coordinate client centric relationships and alignment of overall client relationship strategy.
- Assist clients to devise ways to generate good returns.
- Source and participate in the acquisition of new clients to increase Nova Merchant Bank’s market share of Corporate and institutional clients.
- Maintain strong and sustainable relationships with clients ensuring relevant touch points at various levels (CEO, Head Corporate Banking and Advisory etc) which serve as the primary link between the client and the bank’s products and services.
- Keep abreast of new regulations or policies that may affect various industries, as well as monitor the economy to determine its effect on earnings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head, Corporate Banking
- A good university degree preferably in a numerate field
- 7-10 years of experience in corporate banking within the financial services industry
- MBA or post graduate qualification in social sciences will be an added advantage.
- Good product knowledge across corporate banking division
- Good understanding of the industry and market penetration strategies
- Good marketing and relationship management skills
- Entrepreneurial flair and commercial acumen, including the ability to cultivate productive networks.
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and dependability
- Integrity and ethics
N600,000 – N1,200,000 Monthly.
Deadline: 31st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter