Domeo Resources International (DRI) is a prolific organisation which proffers HR and Management Consultancy solutions premised on excellence and innovation. DRI analyses various organisational problems, develops improvement plans, deploys those plans and monitors the plans to ensure improved organisational performance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal and Corporate Services Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Reports To: Managing Director
- This role will champion the development and implementation of human resource strategy, policies and procedures and ensure optimization of staff productivity.
- He will also monitor and offer advice on all legal matters, commercial contracts, and agreements to ensure compliance to statutory and corporate governance practices and guidelines.
- Draft a wide variety of legal agreements.
- Provide advice on corporate legal issues and business matters.
- Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
- Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions.
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies, procedures.
- Analyse and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the Board.
- Ensure (internal & external) compliance with laid down guidelines, policies and procedures; investigate issues of non-compliance as may be required.
- Review and advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Ensure the development of service level agreements for service support and delivery.
- Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
- Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Management.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Corporate Services Responsibilities:
- Enhance the current and future human resource value proposition of the organization
- Act as the custodian of the organization’s structure and facilitate approvals for changes to the structure
- Recommend appropriate guidelines for managing organizational change and serve as a change champion or agent as required.
- Ensure HR policies, processes and procedures are relevant, responsive, up-to-date and in line with regulatory requirements and leading practices
- Oversee the resolution of significant/complex disciplinary cases, appeals and related HR service delivery issues
- Foster a conducive working climate by proactively building and maintaining relationships with employees to understand and manage their needs and concerns, consistent with the organization’s goals
- Provide content to internal communications on all HR matters where necessary.
- Develop and professionally implement HR work plans
- Ensure synergy and collaboration in interdepartmental activities and communication in order to facilitate effective and smooth running of the organization
- Champion the formulation and effective implementation of recruitment strategies and plans to identify, hire, retain and motivate the best talents to meet the organization’s needs
- Drive the recruitment process, sort CVs, conduct interviews and draft recruitment reports
- Oversee the design, implementation and effective monitoring of appropriate employee reward strategies, policies and programs to enable the organization attract and retain the best talents
- Ensure the formulation and implementation of effective performance and career management strategies that would help sustain a performance driven culture and ensure appropriate balance between staff’s personal and organizational goals
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Expereince Requirements
- A B.Sc / LLB in relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in similar role.
Competencies / Skills:
- Very good knowledge and understanding of the components and new thinking in Human Capital management (manpower sourcing, placement, learning and development, performance management, career management, reward and recognition, retention and exit management)
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, practices, issues and solutions on HR
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects, and collaborate across disciplines in a cross-functional atmosphere
- Strong knowledge of corporate law; commitment and enthusiasm in the delivery of the organization’s objectives
- Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
Behavioral Qualities / Other Competencies:
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Continual self-development
- Quality and excellence orientation
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into everyday activities and guide and motivate others to do the same
- Extreme flexibility
- Ability to solve complex problems, participate in continuous improvement and adapt the ideas of others.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 13th May, 2021.