Kimberly Ryan’s Client, a leading provider of infrastructure facilities and developmental projects in a critical sector of the Nigerian economy requires the services of seasoned professionals to fill a number of roles in their organization.
Kimberly Ryan is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Junior Legal Counsel
- Contribute to the development of legal strategies that enable the necessary resource consents for implementation of organization’s capital projects
- Advise on designations, notifications, land use consent hearings and appeals (often in conjunction with an appointed external provider).
- Build, and maintain, efficient and effective relationships with key business users, external legal providers and public sector legal advisors
- Engage effectively with internal experts/staff across the organization so that the best information is available for decision-making, policy development, planning, resource and risk management,
- To assist the Chief Legal Counsel, and the rest of the legal team, to deliver fit for purpose legal services and enable the organization to lawfully and effectively perform its functions, duties and powers and manage its legal risks.
- Attend and represent the organization at court and other legal hearings.
- Provide fit for purpose legal services namely, legal services that are accurate, timely, practical, and clear and that deliver value for money.
- Provide accurate and timely advice, both written and verbal, on all matters relevant to the operation of the organization, particularly land transport-related acts, regulations and rules, state sector-related legislation.
- Advise on, and prepare, relevant agreements and memoranda on behalf of the organisation.
- Advise on official information, privacy and other public law issues.
- Instruct and manage the performance of external legal providers on specific legal matters as briefed ensuring value for money for the organization.
- Candidate must have been called to the Nigerian Bar
- Minimum 4-6 years on the job experience preferably in a law firm
- Must possess ICT skills
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified applicants should send resumes with Job Title as subject to:
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Application Deadline 17th October, 2012
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter