Norrenberger is a leading, independent financial services group that provides bespoke financial solutions that add value to our individual and institutional clients. Our component companies are licensed and regulated either by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) or the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) to provide Investment Banking, Fund Management, Financial Advisory and Foreign Exchange services to our discerning clientele.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The office of the legal officer handles responsibilities that entails providing legal assistance, organizing various legal activities, completing them, creating legal documents and advising the clients or the organization on all the relevant legal and transactional issues.
- Ensures proper legal consultations are provided to departments / units.
- Conduct legal analysis and research on various financial matters of the client or the organization.
- Provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents.
- To be actively involved in preparing and drafting of different acts and legal submissions and draft the authoritative legal opinions as well.
- Conduct extensive research to ensure the organization is up to date on all current laws and make well-educated legal recommendations
- Identify risk by regularly analyzing the actions and decisions of their companies in order to identify problem areas, suggest alternative courses of action and mitigate risk as much as possible
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.)
- Provide necessary support to the Company Secretariat Unit
- Act in the absence of the Head, Legal Unit
- Assist in reviewing the legal material and any other relevant documents and to identify the most important issues that need to be sorted out on a priority basis.
- Draw up formalities regarding the settlement of disputes and monitor the implementation of the legal clauses.
- Monitor the organisation’s legal affairs
- Review all documents, contracts, and changes to the legal landscape and examine how these changes affect the policies of the organization.
- Assess liabilities and risks, and recommend courses of action to the Head, Legal Unit
- Aid in internal investigations and law enforcement matters
- A first class or second class upper LLB in Law or in law school is required. Possession of a postgraduate degree (LLM) is an added advantage.
- 3 -5 years’ relevant experience as a legal officer
- Membership of the Nigerian Bar Association is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Willingness to learn.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email
Application Deadline 10th April, 2021