Job Title: Litigation & Corporate/Commercial Law Lawyer
Locations: Lagos and Abuja
- He/she will be the Managing Partner the firm.
- He /she is expected to be comfortable in the areas of constitutional, commercial, shipping and aviation, oil and gas, trade and labour law etc.
- Prepare and review Court processes
- Draft and review legal documents including legal opinions, company searches, briefs of argument
- Process and prepare legal advice and legal agreements
- Negotiate contracts, ensure financial success and monitor quality of service delivery on all client cases and transactions.
- Oversee and coordinate the Associates in the firm.
- Understand the client’s business and maintain continuous engagement with key executive stakeholders within target client organizations.
- Report directly to the Principal Partner and shall perform all other duties as shall be advised by same
- Draft and review Legal documents and Agreements
- Represent Client at the lower & appellate courts in Nigeria.
- Keep abreast of regulations, legislations, government policies and other developments that may affect the operations, business goals and objectives of the firm
- Be required to stay updated with information related to the laws and legal processes
- A minimum of 2:1 from an accredited university and from the Nigerian Law School
- LL.M Degree will be an added advantage
- Excellent analytical and observation skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- In-depth industry knowledge in Legal & Business Advisory, Regulatory & Compliance, and general commercial litigation experience
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Must have the ability to undertake in-depth legal research on all legal issue
- Excellent negotiation, team building and presentation skills
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), interpersonal, negotiation and organizational skills.
- A minimum of 10 years’ active litigation experience with a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in corporate/commercial law transactions (with a reputable law firm).
- Must possess excellent legal drafting and document review skills
- Must possess excellent advocacy skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 22nd February, 2019.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter