Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Local Product Manager, Trade
Job ID: 2200003907
Job: Institutional Banking
Employee Status: Permanent
- Manage and deliver the TB end-to-end product objectives within the country for Trade in alignment with global objectives for the product line, including financial and non-financial performance, enhancement of capabilities, product and client access future strategies, and oversight of risk and governance in alignment with the Product Head for Trade.
Financial Performance and profitability:
- Directly responsible for product Profit & Loss within the country, and support as required the origination process. Have clear responsibility over pricing for all trade products and management of assets, contingents, and for the allocation of Risk Weighted Asset (RWA)
- Work with the Regional Product Head in the management of the country Asset & Liquidity Committee (ALCO) in alignment with country TB Heads and Regional Product heads. Monitoring market changes and pricing strategies.
- Develop jointly with the Sales team a local Product & Sales strategy to meet country objectives, in line with the overall Transaction Banking strategy
- Conduct ongoing competitor analysis to capture the opportunities, mitigate the threats and deliver financial performance. Recommend and plan actions to build or reinforce our competitive edge
- Drive end to end product performance, improving efficiency through the e-agenda, straight through processing, ensuring scalability to grow in the market
- Drive in conjunction with regional product head, central revenue initiatives locally by ensuring that in country action plans are in place and revenue targets are achieved
- Determine standard product pricing and monitor collection of fee and NII across products for the country.
Product Management and Development:
- Directly responsible for articulating the product strategy and executing product initiatives on the annual operating plan in country
- Directly responsible for understanding customer needs and develop the client value propositions that will address them across all client segments relevant for the market and feeding these needs into the Regional product teams.
- Identify and market-size new business opportunities and revenue pools and articulate the product and client access capabilities needed to seize a share of them
- Establish a strategy that drives a customer-centric view into Transaction Banking with activities including but not limited to focus groups, customer surveys and Voice of the Customer.
- Where relevant work with the Network team, to building of relationships with third parties to expand the product offering as set out in the country plan and look at ways of reducing cost of such relationships.
- Sponsor launches of product enhancements, new products, channels or new platforms as required. Work jointly with Sales and Marketing to develop collaterals for local market, communicate product launches, organize customer events and develop a sales campaign strategy to ensure that the new products meet planned volume and revenue targets
- Ensuring training initiatives are executed in the country in line with the global commercialization agenda.
- Provide leadership to commercialize new and existing product offerings in the market.
- Directly responsible for commercialization of new product capabilities by ensuring commercialization plans, targets and infrastructure to maximize success for it launch
- Provide ongoing support and training to Transaction Banking (TB) Sales, Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking, Global Market, Risk and Group Technology & Operation staff to provide assistance to facilitate the closure of large or complex deals.
- Maintain high level client interaction. Approximately 20% of your time should be spent on client-related activities focused on strategic topics that help understand client needs and ensure an appropriate set of solutions delivered.
- Be a critical advocate, internally and externally for the Transaction Banking business with the commensurate presence, credibility and communication ability to manage internal and external stakeholders in the region externally (including client education and commercial opportunities) and internally across functions.
- Understand the needs of customers and prospects, and implement structures and solutions to meet these needs ensuring delivery of all SCB related capabilities,
- Provide strong leadership to the in-country team
- Be a lead market advocate for TB participating and representing the Bank in industry bodies and market forums.
- Actively influence regulatory and public policy agenda through regular engagement with key regulators; be a point of reference in the region to give context to proposed regulations
- Provide leadership, coaching and motivation to the team and ensure that members are adequately equipped and trained to handle their role and work effectively in a matrix organisation.
Risk & Governance:
- Identify and mitigate the Operational, Credit, Regulatory and Business conduct risks relating to TB products within the country.
- Ensure timely renewal of country addendums (CAs) to PPGs and proactively work with stakeholders to identify and quantify new and existing risks.
- Ensure compliance with all Client Due Diligence (CDD) and Anti-Money Laundry (AML) and Sanctions policies and procedures
- Ensure country compliance on Group standard for Audit, Control and financial reporting including reporting of risks to BORF/CORGs
- Work with operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Transaction banking Business to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Central Product Management Team
- Africa and Middle East Transaction Banking Team (Segment/Business/Product/Sales Heads, Transaction Banking Sales, Product, Implementation, Business Risk, Corporate Service Manager etc)
- West Africa Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking, and its Business Partners (Credit – CRC, Finance – CFO, Legal and compliance, Group Technology & Operations, HR, Group Internal Audit)
- Relevant country committees (Asset & Liquidity Committee)
- Corporate Affairs marketing
- Customers (across the breadth of the portfolio)
- Trade associations
- Competitors (industry initiatives)
- Regulators and Government agencies.
- Infrastructure providers
- Trade and industry journals
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd March, 2022 at 12:59:00 AM