International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Damboa, Borno
- To provide quality logistic support for all IMC project sites in Nigeria, work with other members of the logistics team to develop and implement efficient logistical support systems for IMC.
- Managing/ supervising resources within defined boundaries, which include people and assets.
- Providing professional advice to managers on areas of work covered in their remit.
- Supports operational implementation of Strategy.
- Flexibility to anticipate and resolve challenges within corporate or divisional parameters, with moderate scope.
- Contribute to operational planning.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed at specific sites.
- Develops solutions to diverse and complex problems within organisational policy.
- Interprets and applies operational and specialist information in a variety of formats from a variety of sources.
- Optimizing the use of tools and having up-to-date Trackers on a daily basis
- Redeploy standard procedures not followed: assignment sheet for each material used, Inventory update
- Having reliable data that can allow the country office to take strategic measures in this direction.
- Work with Team in country to improve the data quality of monthly supply, inventory, fleet and fuel management reports, asset tracking list and key performance indicators.
- Ensure compliance with Government, Donor and IMC procedures and ensure risks are kept to a minimum.
- Ensure field level procurement is conducted in line with IMC policies and procedures.
- Ensure adequate specifications are provided from field level for all requisitions
- Provide timely information to the programme department, on local and national procurement by maintaining a requisition tracking system.
- To keep records of all procurement transactions / warehouse transactions / Fleet transactions as relevant both electronically and manually for audit trail.
- Develop and Followed key performance indicators by which localized logistics contracts can be managed.
- Assist Field offices to improve their data collection system.
- Provide ad hoc and standardized analysis, highlighting trends and potential problems, analysing trends and highlighting potential risks.
- Work closely with the Logistics Officer / Supply Chain Coordinator to ensure that new analysis are identified and monitored to ensure the effective and efficient performance of the country’s logistics.
Skills and Competence:
- Preferably degree/diploma in Logistics and Supply or equivalent qualification plus mentioned experience. Professional certificates desired.
- At least 1 experience in logistics with a minimum of 1 year managing procurement and data management within an International Organisation.
- Proven training and capacity building experience
- Proficiency in the use of computers (Excel and Word)
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail. Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work and handle pressure & Strong team player.
- Proven experience and knowledge of operational logistics & supply chain, policies & procedures
- Good command of English. Proven ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, both orally and in writing
- Initiative and active problem-solving skills
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and address to “The Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: [email protected]
- Nigerian nationals only
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted
- We are an equal opportunity organization so Maiduguri based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered
Application Deadline 12th February, 2021.