Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. The Foundation has been helping children in need for over 50 years, defending their rights regardless of their race, creed or political affiliation. In over 30 countries, Tdh protects children against exploitation and violence, improves children’s and their mother’s health, and provides emergency psychological and material support in humanitarian crises.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Logistics Manager
Contract Duration: 9 months
General Description of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Logistics Officer is responsible for the implementation of a logistics framework tailored and organized around efficient logistics support at the delegation level.
- S/he is also committed to the management, respect, compliance, and efficient implementation of all related policies, rules, procedures, and good practices.
- S/He works in complete line with the project strategy defined for the intervention and her/his responsibilities embrace:
- Premises management
- Stock management
- Fleet & thermic park management
- Equipment/Assets management
- IT/Communication management
- Team management
Key Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to)
- Participate in the selection of premises, their layout and organization
- Ensure the application of safety and security measures in compliance with Tdh policies
- Make inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of the premises
- Ensure the follow-up and tracking of the maintenance costs of premises
- Ensure that all supplies are handled and stored according to Tdh policies and procedures in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure proper stock management through stock cards, recording of stock movements to guarantee accurate reporting at all time
- Control movements of inventory, and quality of storage according to procedures and guidelines and perform physical inventory controls
- Ensure thatwaybillsand transportation documents are in place and properly completed
- Follow up on donations, the establishment, and archiving of donation certificates.
Fleet & Thermic Park Management:
- Consolidate the weekly movement plan and track vehicles movements at all time
- Ensure that vehicles/generators are in good condition, checked, reliable and safe to use
- Ensure that all vehicles have proper documentation and are in order at all-time (i.e., insurances, taxes, driving licenses, etc.)
- Make sure the vehicles/generators service schedule is done on time and inspected after service is done
- Monitors and analyze the fuel consumption and maintenance costs of the vehicles/generators
- Ensure that Tdh Fleet management policies, movement security protocols, and visibility guidelines are in place and respected by all staff
- Ensure that drivers/guards comply with Tdh rules and procedures, security and safety measures, and promote good practices.
- Ensure that all vehicles have the minimum standard accessories required (tools and safety equipment such as fire extinguisher, emergency kit, first aid kit)
- Ensure the proper completion of the vehicles/generators’ logbooks and perform regular inspections
Equipment / Assets Management:
- Participate in the discussions to ensure the proper set-up of equipment/assets of the delegation
- Ensure that all assets are recorded in the assets follow-up file, documented, and tagged with a unique Tdh asset log number according to asset management policies and procedures
- Organize disposal of obsolete equipment/assets
- Submit incident reports for damaged/lost/stolen equipment and assets
- Conduct regular inventories, check, and inspections
- Ensure tracking movement of assets (users, locations, etc.) with updated information
- Oversee assets rollover and replacement according to Tdh standards
IT & Communication Management:
- Ensure that Tdh premises are equipped with IT and Communications material in line with Tdh standards
- Act as IT focal point (1st level support) for hardware and software troubleshooting and liaise with the IT referent at HQ for upper levels
- Ensure proper training for adequate use of communication equipment (i.e. satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, computers, printers/scanners, etc.)
- Coordinate, plan, and supervise the work of the team under supervision: logistics assistant, drivers, and guards
- Support the team under supervision and propose capacity building and training when required
- Appraise the team under the direct supervision
Reporting / Communication:
- Report regularly to her/his line manager related information on work progress
- Ensure to provide the monthly logistics reports on time to her/line manager (stock inventories, assets follow-up, fuel consumption follow-up, utilities & repairs follow-up)
- Take part in meetings relating to logistics aspects
- Report to her/his line manager any alerts of non-compliance with Tdh logistics processes or policies
- Assist her/his line manager during internal/external audits and reporting assets list at the end of projects
- Agree to comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and promote the Child Safeguarding policy
- Report serious cases of abuse on children that she/he would be aware of in Tdh’s intervention locations. Strict confidentiality must be respected
- Adhere to and enforce current administrative and logistical regulations and procedures
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Experience / Competencies:
- Relevant University Degree or Professional qualification in Logistics or equivalent – can be compensated with experience (at the discretion of the recruitment team)
- Advanced IT knowledge: hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet, networks
- Proven experience in team management
- Experience working with NGOs (Non-governmental Organisations) is an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Logistics Officer or similar position
- Proven knowledge in the following fields: Premises management, Stock management, Fleet and thermic park management, Equipment/Assets management, IT & Communication management
- Good organizational skills including the ability to work to deadlines, and priorities, pay attention to details, and ability to solve problems
- Willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- High sense of integrity, rigor, and flexibility.
- Good oral communication, writing, and reporting skills in English
- Proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage.
N345,000 Salary Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: There will be no opportunity for candidates to participate remotely in this exercise (Online test), there will be no need to apply if you cannot be physically available for the test
Application Deadline 31st July, 2022.