The School receives philanthropic donations and raises additional funds to provide these scholarships. Some of the funding available is unrestricted (that is, the school can award it to any suitable candidate).
However, some is restricted (that is, the funder has set certain criteria to be met by applicants). All applications received will be considered for the 2016-17 London-based MSc Scholarships, and awards will be made from the most appropriate source of funding.
Applicants may apply for whichever of the following four options best meets their requirements by selecting the option(s) most relevant to them on the application form.
- a full scholarship – This award covers the full cost of tuition (London-based MSc course tuition fees and any mandatory field trip fees) and a tax-free annual stipend of GBP 17,250.00*, paid out monthly.
- a half scholarship – This award provides exactly 50% of the full scholarship
- a fees-only scholarship – This award covers the full cost of tuition (London-based MSc course tuition fees and any mandatory field trip fees)
- a bursary scholarship – This award provides a tax-free annual stipend of GBP 17,250.00*, paid out monthly. This award will only be paid out to successful applicants once the School can verify that the students have paid their tuition fees and any mandatory field trip fees in full
* The stipend amount has been set to cover a reasonable monthly living allowance in London and the costs associated with undertaking a summer project as part of the MSc course. There should also be sufficient funds, over the year, for students to recover the costs incurred for flights, Tier 4 visa application and NHS surcharge fees.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit
For more information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine Scholarships
Application Deadline: 31st March 2016.