Pistachio Food Limited, an International fine dining Rrestaurant chain is recruiting suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the maintenance department. This includes managing the upkeep of all manufacturing assets, managing maintenance budget and resources and assisting in the design and installation of new systems. In addition this position is responsible for managing multiple shifts of Maintenance Supervisors and mechanics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance management by supervising maintenance personnel and establishing priorities in maintenance schedules.
- Maintains manufacturing assets and facility, parts inventory, monitoring purchase orders, invoice approvals, and manages the department budget.
- Manages maintenance personnel by setting direction and priorities.
- Develop associate and supervisor skills by conducting training meetings; one on one development sessions; outside technical skills training; and establishing and monitoring performance reviews for supervisors.
- Setting and maintaining departmental budget by reviewing financial statements; monitoring line efficiencies; monitoring labor cost; and other expenses.
- Participate in designing and developing future production capacities by attending design meetings; coordinating with Research & Development regarding product changes and improvements; and updating maintenance operating procedures and schedules to incorporate the changes.
- Responsible for maintaining Food Safety and Quality Systems as assigned.
- Provides training and continuous development on all maintenance personnel.
- Performs Performance Evaluations on direct reports at least twice a year.
- Verifies Performance Evaluations are being performed on technical work force by his / her direct report.
- Drives the Maintenance and Reliability initiative focused on Preventive & Predictive Maintenance, not reactive.
- Performs other duties by coordinating work with outside inspections, providing project management, ensuring safety of personnel, and performing other duties as required.
- Managing, maintaining, and establishing maintenance procedures for production lines in a food manufacturing environment to ensure production meets or performs better than budget.
- Developing and maintaining quality standards.
- Developing and maintaining associate safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Supervisory responsibilities include monitoring associate performance for a regular group or work unit. This includes providing input on hiring; disciplinary actions; work objectives and their effectiveness and realigning the department as needed. Also responsible for the development of both the Leadership and Technical group.
Minimum Job Requirements
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required
- Five years of operations management in a food manufacturing environment
- Preference for experience in the hotel and restaurant industry
- Safety Management and Risk Management experience with an ammonia refrigeration system preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong knowledge in Maintenance and Reliability
- Strong knowledge / experience managing maintenance through CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management system )
- Strong background in HAACP; safety; GMP; and AIB
- Must have a hands-on work ethic
- Proficient computer skills in spreadsheets; data bases and word processing
- Excellent technical knowledge of equipment, products and processes
- Self motivated, results orientated and excellent personal skills
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements, such as dirt, dust, fumes, extreme temperatures, humidity, darkness, and/or noise.
- Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
- Personal protective equipment, as defined by C.H. Guenther and Son, will be provided.
- Position will be exposed to different levels of stress and responsibilities
- Position requires the ability to stand; sit at a desk; walking around office and plant; lifting and carrying packages up to 50 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; and reaching, kneeling, crawling and twisting to inspect equipment. Also requires the ability to see; hear; and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job position” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 20th February, 2021.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter