Nile University of Nigeria is a Private Institution located in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria.The University was established in 2009 and offers high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate education to students.
Nile University is a member of Honoris United Universities, the first and largest Pan-African private higher education network, and has over 5,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, 38 undergraduate programs across six faculties, and 51 postgraduate programs across five faculties.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor (HVACR Systems)
Job Ref.: NUN-REP-001
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- We are seeking to engage a highly competent and result-oriented Maintenance Supervisor (HVACR Systems) with strong personal and professional integrity to join its dynamic Real Estate & Facilities Team.
- Supervising major overhaul or installation of mechanical control systems to assure that work is carried out according to plans and specifications
- Conducting installation, maintenance, and repairs of all HVAC/facility equipment e.g., HVAC systems
- Reviewing plans and specifications for new construction to determine compatibility with existing equipment or acceptability of the design
- Overseeing repair and replacement of faulty thermostats, wiring and controls, and compressors
- Designing modifications to existing systems to achieve efficient operation
- Supporting current improvement programs as well as implementing and driving through sustainment of any new initiatives as they relate to transformation to reliability and condition-based maintenance.
- Assisting other Maintenance Technicians in responding to emergency service calls to keep system downtime to a minimum.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act as well as compliance with service standards, work instructions, and customers’ requirements
- Inspecting and measuring building to determine airflow requirements; plans and draws layout and dimensions of ductwork.
- Scheduling preventative maintenance and air conditioning installation assignments; examining installed air-conditioning systems to verify that system is functioning.
- Conducting a quality check of work in progress or upon completion to assure acceptability
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of a B.Sc./ HND in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Seven (7) years of industrial maintenance and repair experience, three (3) years of which are in a lead role.
- Considerable knowledge of the practices, methods, materials, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of HVAC equipment
- In-depth ability to read/interpret and provide work instruction based on wiring schematics including HVAC equipment control drawings.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Ability to diagnose equipment malfunctions and prescribe repair procedures.
- Possess adept experience in the use of commercial natural gas, fired hydronic boilers, pumps, controls, and other ancillary equipment, chilled water HVAC systems, both constant volume, and variable volume
- Considerable knowledge of smaller systems designs or design modifications to larger systems
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] quoting the Reference Number specific to the role you are applying for as the subject of the e-mail.
Your application must include:
- Your current curriculum vitae (CV) in a Microsoft Word format, saved with your full name.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 31st May, 2022.