The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are currently looking for the position below to join our team:
Job Title: Management Accountant – Senior Manager
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to contribute to restoring CAF’s reputation and elevating the organization to the highest international standards.
- Oversee and coordinate the management reporting process for the support teams in the head office.
- Agree on budget assumptions and growth parameters with the finance director and the overall corporate plan on annual basis.
- Provide training to stakeholders on budget projections and adoption of best management reporting practices in their local jurisdictions.
- Take a lead role in the delivery of monthly cost analytics to stakeholders and the Line Manager.
- Deliver any other roles required from the line manager.
- Challenge budget proposals and provide guidance to other stakeholders for an appreciation of their budget numbers.
- Partner and collaborate with other stakeholders in the development of their annual budget and forecast projections.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Professional qualification in accounting (e.g., ESAA/CPA/ACCA) minimum 3 years post qualification experience.
- Expert knowledge of IFRS and analytics.
- Analytical thinking.
- Influencing and excellent communication.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Minimum of 8 working experience in Finance or Accounting and 5 years of managerial experience in finance.
- Hands-on experience in Microsoft suite of applications.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); fluency in another official CAF language (French or Arabic) is an asset.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension scheme.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (Cover Letter, CV, Diplomas, and References) in English or French to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The position will be based at CAF headquarters in Cairo (Egypt).
- Only direct applications meeting the required criteria will be considered, regardless of gender, age, and nationality.
Application Deadline 15th January, 2022.