United Parcel Service (UPS) – Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world’s largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Finance & Accounting
Job ID: 066078
Location: Lagos – Nigeria
- The Finance Manager is responsible for providing profit, cost and revenue information to staff level management and analyzing opportunities in cost reduction. He / She manages the district Finance Balanced Scorecard (BSC) and serves as a liaison between Corporate staff level management and region Finance.
Monitors Business, Cost and Profit Performance:
- Produces reports comparing actual expenses to planned expenses to determine U.S. domestic corporate finance performance.
- Projects cost performance for the current month prior to month-end to provide an estimate of cost results.
- Analyzes cost areas where performance is below target (e.g., billed volume compared to expense, etc.) to determine reasons for variances and to develop action plans.
- Monitors company cost initiatives (e.g., rent, number of trailers, etc.) to understand variances.
Prepares Business, Cost and Profit Performance Reviews:
- Creates presentations to reflect actual versus business plan results to the Management Committee.
- Evaluates cost overruns by region to provide data to the Management Committee for their review and action.
- Enters cost initiative results (e.g., transportation, staffing, etc.) into presentations to reflect percent effectiveness in the planned savings.
Evaluates and Inputs BSC Results:
- Identifies BSC elements and guidelines to ensure accurate scoring occurs on the BSC.
- Obtains information from various business groups (e.g., Business Information Analysis, etc.) to enter in the BSC.
- Determines the scores attained in each element to identify the best and least best districts and regions.
- Publishes Finance BSC results to identify the best and least best districts and regions.
- Populates the monthly results (i.e., actual versus planned) to hold regions and districts accountable to planned targets.
Tracks and Reports on Cost and Staffing Initiatives:
- Enters staffing reduction results by region to hold regions accountable to the plan.
- Consolidates the executive summary overview to measure actual versus business plan results in safety, cost, volume growth, production, and service.
- Distributes results to regions to ensure awareness of monthly performance.
Liaises with Region and District Finance and Corp Controller Coordinator:
- Reviews BSC appeals to ensure the data on the BSC accurately represents region and district performance.
- Monitors cost plans to ensure adjustments are made to meet business objectives.
- Reviews customer issues (e.g., billing errors, etc.) to provide guidance to Business Development.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Establishes Metrics and Performance Tools
- Finance Knowledge
- Report Generation
- Small Package Operations Knowledge
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply