9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, RF Planning & Optimisation
Job ID: IRC4548
- Manage the designing, planning and optimization of the radio network in assigned region to ensure optimal delivery of excellent quality of service to subscribers.
- Support the Head, RF Planning and Optimisation by providing field sensitive feedback to the nominal network plan
- Evaluate local and global telecommunications trends and development and implement strategies to counter/minimize possible impact on the architecture and integrity of EMTS access network.
- Review the unit/team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Establish and maintain relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan and optimise radio networks in assigned region for the following radio technologies: GSM,UMTS, and LTE.
- Monitor and track the detailed RF design carried out by the RF Planning and Optimisation Engineers to ensure conformance with the nominal rollout plan.
- Assist in identifying specialist tools, equipment, and solution for radio network coverage enhancements.
- Understand the telecommunication industry local trends and developments to assess the impact on EMTS current and future business
- Evaluate and provide network capacity plans to address current for future demand.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Head, RF Planning and Optimisation
- Oversee radio network capacity dimensioning based on business plan and in line with strategic guideline provided by the Head, RF Planning & Optimization.
- Assist in ensuring that the radio coverage plan is done in a timely manner, matches EMTS’s network coverage requirements and in consonance with regulatory stipulations for GSM rollout in Nigeria.
- Responsible for network optimization and improvement of radio KPIs to ensure they are within acceptable thresholds.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Head, RF Planning and Optimisation.
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Postgraduate degree/relevant professional qualification
- Minimum of Six (6) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
- Telecommunications Technologies at Advance Level
- Advance Knowledge of Network Planning and Design for GSM, UMTS, LTE, and Wi-Fi Access network
- Indoor Coverage and Small Cell Solutions
- Leadership and People Management
- Analytics and Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply