EjiCareers – Our client, Nairametrics, is a leading Financial Resource company based in Nigeria, with special focus on financial literacy and investor advocacy. They provide their visitors and clients with up-to-date business, investing and financial information from Africa’s largest economy. They also have a consulting arm that provides bespoke financial management services to clients.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Editor
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for managing a newsroom, selecting writers, selecting relevant content and conducting high profile interviews
- Lead, plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary
- Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
- Attend events on behalf of the company
- Solid editorial experience in picking stories, managing writers and conducting interviews
- Experience frequently churning out business and related content
- Responsible for overseeing the editing and improvement of the company’s written materials, setting publication goals, and generating content ideas
- Coordinate editorial publications and meetings
- Degree / M.Sc in Journalism, Economics, Business or relevant field#
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- At least 4 years’ experience managing a blog
- At least 5 years proven experience as managing editor or editor
- Experience working for a Media or Finance Resource firm
- Experience overseeing fact-checking and vetting of financial and economic stories and articles
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
N500,000 – N600,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline 7th September, 2021.