Media Trust Limited is the publisher of Daily Trust and other newspaper titles. They are also into commercial printing as well as Brand Marketing Research for the purpose of identifying new opportunities for business values. Each market research report delivers insight across a wide range of crucial factors such as market size, growth drivers, competitive landscape, trends, and forecasts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Editor
Job Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the entire newsroom and digital platforms
- Coordinating special projects and training of editorial staff
- Ensuring that the newsroom is fully digitized and journalists work as one team across platforms and titles
- Reviewing DT contents across platforms and lead other editors in the feedback session
- Appraising reporters and line editors to ensure that they meet their KPIs
- Help in planning and commissioning coverage of major events and highly sensitive investigations
- Providing support and guidance to the editorial team of DT and identifying opportunities for professional growth
- Collaborate with editor in chief to determine issues’ content and topics
- Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
- Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
What makes you the perfect candidate?
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism or other related fields. Master’s degree in a related field is a plus.
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS), Google Apps, Trello, Slack
- Experience in editing and managing a digital or multi-platform newsroom
- Proficiency in the use of digital technology, including online publishing platforms
- At least ten (10) years of experience in leading and motivating a creative team
- Your experience includes track record in reporting, leading a diverse team and ensuring an inclusive work environment exists for all team members
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s media trends and its changing nature of business
- Proven experience as managing editor or relevant role
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Proficiency in English
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Reliability and efficiency
- Attention to detail
Deadline: 26th September, 2020.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter