Lekki Freeport Terminal is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria’s only deep seaport. It is set to become the largest container terminal in Nigeria and West Africa with enormous potential of becoming fully automated thereby contributing to the large trading operations of Nigeria and indeed, West Africa. The premise on which Leeki Freeport Terminal will operate is to connect global maritime trade to Nigeria and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanic
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Mechanical Forman
Indirect reports To: Workshop Manager
- Under the general guidance of the Mechanical Foreman responsible for performing the maintenance/repair activities for Mechanical , hydraulic and Pneumatic on the Terminal’s equipment, while ensuring efficient utilization of Company resources and compliance with statutory requirements and established engineering standards.
- Prime responsible for safety of workforce and equipment.
- Ability to develop strong technical and troubleshooting skills in several applications and technologies.
- Must ensure that LFT Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures are maintained.
- Adhere to preventative and corrective maintenance procedures and schedules in conformance with engineering standards and codes, and the relevant statutory regulations.
- To execute all planned , Corrective and Breakdown maintenance works for Mechanical system like hydraulic , pneumatic ,engines , transmission , gearbox , brakes , clutch, wire ropes , sheaves , vibration & alignment issues related for terminal equipment’s
- Ensure that the equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive or corrective maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
- Troubleshoot and effect repairs on hydraulic ,pneumatic & Mechanical system. To perform Lubrication/oil replacement of the terminal equipment and This includes the modification of components and servicing techniques in conjunction with the Workshop manager to improve efficiency.
- Receive and execute instructions and decisions from the Mechanical Foreman.
- Provide technical expertise and a positive attitude to the functions performed
- Test equipment to ensure compliance with specification and safety standards.
- Complete check and assignment sheets accurately and in a timely manner.
- Participate in the analysis/research of the performance of electrical systems / components and recommend modification where necessary to improve efficiency.
- Ability to replace/adjust major mechanical/hydraulic parts such as Reducer, wire-ropes, wheels, tires, brakes, hydraulic systems, bearings, couplings, and so forth
- Ensure that operating standards and precautionary measures are adhered to at all time.
- Execute preventative and corrective maintenance procedures for equipment on the Terminal.
- Perform other duties as required.
Critical Success Factors:
- Ready to learn attitude.
- Interpret the technical drawing and layout.
- Must be Customer service oriented, Sensitive to the needs of department and others.
- Sound knowledge of the operations of equipment at the Terminal.
- Strong knowledge of operation & maintenance tools/equipment’s used in execution.
- Basic level computer skill
- Experience of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic , PLC , Drive & electrical system.
- Hands on experience & lead by example.
- Result Oriented, strong follow up , Negotiation skill.
- Diploma or ITI in Engineering (Mechanical, Mechatronics, other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 Years of working experience in the related field.
Skills and Abilities Required in Position:
- Basic Level knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic system for terminal equipment.
- Sound knowledge of relevant mechanical/pneumatic/electronic engineering systems which include internal combustion / diesel engines, power transmission hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical circuits, PLC and fault diagnostics system
- Experience in a fast paced , demanding environment .
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Provide on the job guidance to new recruits.
- Requires intermediate to advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- Experience in all type of Port Equipment Maintenance.
- Ability to generate high volumes of relevant work, sustain high levels of activity and energy over long hours when necessary and work with business-like approach to daily changes.
- Strong reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Good reporting and registration capability.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, layouts, and specifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply