Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world, including 80 energy storage systems?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology – together. Want to join the ride?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Advisor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Function: Contract Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
- We are now looking for a Mechanical Advisor to join our Contract Delivery team in Mauritania.
- The successful applicant will be accountable of Advising the client in all the activities of operation and maintenance, to analysis the operating parameters of the power plant and will be based out of Nouadhibou, Mauritania Africa west region.
What will you be doing:
- Define the maintenance schedule, the analysis of the damage and, to the extent possible, to prevent any problems, to recommend corrective actions (including defining the spare parts, and eventual manpower, required for the repair charged to the Customer) and provide technical advisory to improve the performance of the power plant.
- Define the fuel needs, oils, liquids and water treatment products.
- Write monthly operation reports of the plant according to a form agreed by the customer.
- Plan, organize and supervise the execution of maintenances programs.
- Write down and submit to the customer for signature the acceptance report.
- Be able to isolate and prepare for the stopping and starting of engines, be able to resolve possible flaws that occurs during the starting and stopping.
- Coach and mentor other technicians and general labour.
- Resolve abnormalities that occur in the Engine systems of the plant.
- Inspect mechanical systems of the engines, auxiliary equipment and other existent equipment in the plant to detect faults and take the necessary steps for the prevention and correction of the referred abnormalities.
- Reconditioning and overhaul of engine’s mechanical components.
- Carry out corrective inspections of all mechanical equipment and supervision of the engines.
- Maintenance of mechanical tools, fixtures, cutting tools and hand tools.
- Reporting of the works performed and other forms of reporting.
- Write down and submit to the customer the maintenance report in the three (3) weeks from the completion of each.
- Training customer mechanical employees according to contractual terms and conditions.
- Provide technical support to customer when needed.
- Maintain the plant during normal working hours according to company policies, procedures and operation profile/plan.
- Ability to economically and safely operate and maintain the plant during the designated shift. To comply with all safety regulations including isolation, lock out and tag out.
- Ability to maintain the Engines and Auxiliary equipment in good conditions of cleanliness, take the necessary steps for the prevention and correction of the found abnormalities.
- Responsible for starting the local and remote engines and synchronizing them. Presenting immediate solutions of protection of the equipment in cases of possible flaws.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor as required.
You will shine in this role, when you have:
- B.Sc / Diploma or M.Sc in Mechanical Engineering equivalent educational background.
- We are seeking for an expert professional with strong problem solving and decision-making skill.
- Perform all activities needed to reach the objectives of the position and comply with the orders, instructions, values, and company policies applicable as employee and/or the position.
- Auxiliaries knowledge (Pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, separators).
- Continuously seek for solutions keeping a customer focus mindset.
- Understanding of Wärtsilä business, quality, and workplace safety is a plus.
- Excellent general mechanical knowledge of facility plant and equipment with superb fault-finding skills and abilities
- Minimum of three years previous experience of power generation in a 24/7 environment or maintenance duties in large process plants.
- An Advance level of French language is a must and Good Command of English (B2 level or superior).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th February, 2022.