Gabson Professional School of Safety & Engineering was established in 2012 as the product of two visionary safety and engineering professionals with over 35 years of combined experience. Having acquired knowledge from industries ranging from manufacturing to oil & gas to construction, they discovered a void between what their respective fields required in the form of training and the actual skillsets of the available labour market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials as may be required
- Design drawings and generate BOQ from design drawings and cost.
- Develops processes by designing for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Oversee all subordinate staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
- Regularly develop work procedure, method statement, and JHA (Job Hazard Analysis) before to commencement of any works.
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety, etc., and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
- Report all incidents/accidents appropriately as laid down by the SHE department and HR policy of Gabson Engineering Services.
- Always develop specification documents for all projects, installation, and maintenance as may be required.
- Ensure all documents relating to mechanical activities are properly file with accurate labeling for traceability.
- The incumbent would be measured based on achieving the objectives agreed annually in an atmosphere of team spirit and innovation while keeping the organization’s vital information.
- Ensure project review meetings are held regularly on the project being managed.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Manage all mechanical jobs; designing and assembling structures installation and maintenance in small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely, and sustainable manner at all times.
- Conduct onsite inspections as may be required.
- Ensure operations follow codes, policies, and safety standards.
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies to satisfy technical specifications.
- Assess potential risks, materials, and costs.
- Continuous cost-saving drive-in project execution.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Requirements
- Not more than 35 years of age.
- B.Sc. or HND in Mechanical Engineering plus Knowledge of safety, health, and environment.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Mechanical design, fabrication, and installation.
- COREN/NSE certified or M.Sc. is an added advantage.
- Certification in Project Management is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge clearly and understandably.
- Computer skills in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project.
- A certificate in HSE supervisory skill is an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAE) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM).
- Familiarity with 2D & 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g. AutoCAD, ProE, or other).
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, ProMechanica, or similar).
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView, etc.).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
- The successful candidate will be required to resume immediately based on the urgency of this.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
12th August, 2021.