The Institute for Work and Family Integration (IWFI) is a Non-Governmental – not for profit Organization (NGO) registered as a company limited by guarantee with the aim of providing solutions through research and advocacy to work and family conflicts created by the sociodemographic shifts, with a view to creating a better Families, better Business, better Society.
Work and family integration as a concept is to enable the effective balance between Career and Family for a more fulfilling life, productive workforce, enhanced profitability of corporate organisations, and better education and training for future leaders, thereby positioning our society to play more competitively in the global community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Media and Communications Officer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of Position
- To create and manage a perception of IWFI as No. 1 expert in Africa on Work and Family issues.
Essential Duties / Key Job Roles And Responsibilities
include but not limited to the following:
- Generate content for the website, monthly newsletter, blogs, and annual report – research and compile news stories and relevant information about the Institute.
- Monthly IWFI newsletter project management – work with the graphic artist to prepare the monthlynewsletter after researching and compiling stories and relevant information.
- Grow the number of subscribers and readership.
- Assist in executing IWFI programmes and events.
- Ensure that sufficient materials are generated in terms of pictures and videos captured.
- Ensure the branding of IWFI material: slides, promotional banners, posters etc.
- Proof read and edit all publications to be published or circulated to external parties.
- Prepare and issue news releases about achievements, programmes, and major vents of the Institute.
- Create Content and ensure Founders’ footprint in the media by sourcing interviews, opinions for editorials, articles etc.
- Manage the marketing communications to make the Institute attractive to funding agencies.
- Position IWFI to the go-to place for Work and Family related matters.
- Manage IWFI blog, social media handles, online presence and digital footprint.
- Write regularly in the IWFI columns in newspapers.
- Present (edit) academic information of the Institute research in reader friendly manner for dissemination to the public.
- Build and manage relationships with the press. Prepare and issue press invitations to media houses for major IWFI events.
- Monitor news about work and family in the media and seek its relation with the objectives of IWFI in a bid to provide a rejoinder and leverage on the tide to propagate the message of the Institute.
- Work with the graphic artist to prepare newspaper adverts, in-house flyers and posters for the IWFI’s programmes. Monitor for quality and accuracy of content.
Key Performance Indicators
- Generation of one article per week for the newspapers.
- Monthly development and circulation of e-newsletter.
- Perception of IWFI thought leadership on work and family by other parties refer to the Institute once in every two weeks.
- The number of online followers on social media and subscribers to IWFI you-tube channel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (preferably Mass Communication or English)
- Professional Qualification – Any appropriate.
- Should have at least 2 – 4 years’ experience 2 of which should be from working in similar role.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a zeal for continuous professional improvement.
- Results-focused, a self-starter, energetic and able to work with minimum supervision
- Business writing, journalistic and administrative skills
- Good knowledge of corporate communication/ public relations
- Creative writing skills and conceptualization.
- Dexterity in social media engagement and tools.
- Graphic and video editing skills is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications to “The Executive Secretary, Institute for Work and Family Integration (IWFI)” via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.