The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Activities Manager
Location: Monguno, Borno
The Alima Association
- ALIMA’s aim since its creation in 2009 is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research.
- By joining us, you will integrate a young and dynamic organization and contribute to its associative development as well as its operational impact on the field. As the Medical Activity manager, you will have the opportunity to manage challenging and innovative medical programs in the line of ALIMA’s values and objectives while bringing your humanitarian experience.
- Ensure proper functioning of the medical activities under his/her responsibilities, defining and implementing ALIMA policies, protocols, and procedures and guaranteeing the quality of healthcare in order to improve conditions of the target population.
- Coordinate, asses and supervise the proper functioning of the medical activities (OPD, Maternity, Nutrition, referral and follow-up etc.) according to ALIMA Protocols and procedures and through the correct, compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health condition.
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring all care and patient’s management related activities in the project and ensuring the daily management of the human resources, according to ALIMA’s nursing protocols, standards and procedures, in order to warrant efficiency, quality and continuity of prescribed care.
- Ensure that all administrative procedures for materials and documents (individual patients card and registration books, discharge forms, and transfer forms, etc.) and existing data management tools are used correctly.
- Monitor adherence for hygiene procedures for materials (sterilization and waste disposal), rooms and equipment in generals.
- Support the development and implementation of protocols and standards.
- Train, supervise and manage ALIMA staffs or community health providers through activities such as recruitment, defining job description, capacity building, briefing/debriefing and evaluation of medical staff.
- Guide his management team(supervisors) in the organization and coherent delivery of health care.
- Coordination of health care services with the different actors in the structure(doctors, logistics service and administration etc.)
- Checking the medical protocols and security and asepsis rules are followed by the health care personnel.
- Organizing and supervising the work of his team members. Leading and organizing regular team meetings. Organizing the circulation of information within the team.
- Ensure an efficient pharmacy and medical equipment management and monitor the rational use of them.
- Participate in the programs/project follow-up supervise and ensure that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved and report to the technical referent any problem arising in the service.
- Participate in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. sitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.) and definition of annual planning budget for the projects.
- Report to the Medical Referent all medical issues concerning his/her field.
- Implements the health policy for international and national staff; provides all prophylactic and preventive necessary measures, structures and emergency plans; manages any medical evacuation in order to ensure ALIMA staff health.
- Identify needs and organize training of the medical staff of the project. etc.
- Identifying personnel with potential within his team. Defining the training needs of his teams with the project objectives in mind. Participate in training of his team.
- Planning and organizing all medical activities (OPD, Maternity, nutrition, Outreach, referral and follow-up etc.) and participating in the definition of period planning and update of its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of the standard quality of healthcare. When needed, being responsible for scheduling rosters, shift and call of medical staffs.
- Oversees and monitor the rational prescription and the use of medicines and proper administration of treatments in step with ALIMA protocols.
- Oversees proper management of the facility dispensation pharmacy (inventory, orders, supervision of distribution).
- Participate in handling international orders for medicines and medical supplies.
- Carrying out systemic (at least annual) individual reviews of the supervisor under his responsibility.
- Participating in discussions on the running of the project and definition of objectives.
- Reporting to the line manager on any relevant information linked to medical activities and participating in periodic reports according to guidelines.
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff of the activity in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, and to improve staff capabilities.
- Coordinate and monitor the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves). Replaces a doctor if necessary and participates in shifts.
Experience And Skills
- Essential Medical Doctor Degree (M.B.B.S) with updated practicing license.
- Essential minimum 2 years’ experiences as a medical doctor in medical activities related jobs.
- Desirable working experience with International medical NGO in developing countries.
- English Speaking, reading and writing, mandatory. French is an asset.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Candidates from Borno state are highly encouraged to apply.
- Negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, team work
- Working experience at management positions is essential.
- Working experience in nutritional projects is an asset.
- Desirable: Experience in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, obs and gynae, pediatrics’, A&E, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process