International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Medical Administrative Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Organisational Unit: Migration Health Assessment Center
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer (Abuja) and the direct supervision of the Senior Medical Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Abuja, Nigeria. In particular, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- The Medical Assistant provides information, relevant to Health Assessment Programs, Applicant processing and other IOM services to the migrants.
- He/she may be assigned to one of two potential subunits within the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC): the reception and data processing unit or the call centre. The incumbent will need to be capable of flexibility when assigned different tasks. Below is a description of the possible tasks, which are more detailed in the duty lists and standard operating procedures (SOPS).
Call Centre overall duties:
- Provide migrants’ information regarding health assessments by phone;
- Register the migrants in the IOM database, schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and beneficiaries;
- Prepare master lists of migrants scheduled for health assessment processing and submit them to respective service providers / relevant persons as required;
- Maintain daily statistics related to health assessments and update the records; and,
- Contribute to customer satisfaction evaluation management.
Reception and Data Entry overall duties:
- Perform all the necessary data processing activities of the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC), such as:
- Receiving and explaining the registration process to applicants.
- Checking applicant’s identity;
- Entering bio-data of the applicants in the appropriate platform;
- Taking photos using a webcam and loading the image to the appropriate platform; and,
- Printing of medical forms, consent forms and other necessary documents.
- Receive all completed medical examination forms, x-rays and other documents from Country Offices or Panel Physicians while updating the reception of the same in the database and forward for quality check before clearance, if applicable;
- Prepare, sort and package medical files and other documents during mobile migration health assessment missions where such mobile units are available;
- Transmit completed medical forms, DNA packages and other medical documents either by electronic means or by courier services to the various partners. Ensure correct contacts and physical address are used whenever documents are transmitted by courier services and ensure to inform the receiving party of the parcel tracking number electronically;
- File incoming/outgoing letters, reports, memoranda, emails faxes as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM medical issues;
- Check, print and make photocopy of bank deposit slips (or other proof of payment). Regularly submit these photocopies to the Administrative/Finance Assistant; and,
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- High School Diploma with at least four years of relevant experience; or,
- University Degree with at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Certificate in IT/Data entry is an advantage
- Experience in computer data entry, elaboration and analysis or in a call centre in a busy institution, preferably a medical one;
- Knowledge of medical terminology, as well as previous secretarial and archival experience, an added advantage; and,
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
- High computer literacy in Windows and MS Office is mandatory, knowledge of web page design would be an asset.
- Typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
- Fluency in English and French required, working knowledge of multiple languages is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for
- Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2022.23 Abuja. Medical Administrative Assistant G4.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fees).
- IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts
Application Deadline 20th March, 2022.