Bola Tinubu Health & Diagnostics Centre is an ultra-modern Diagnostic Center facility which provides Radiology and laboratory services at Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja Lagos. BTHDC is a Public Private Partnership (PPP) between PPC Limited and Lagos State Government. PPC Limited is affiliated to Philips Medical System (PMS), a global leader in providing clinical management and diagnostic technology, and have been successful in transferring latest technology to the healthcare industry in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of Roles / Responsibilities
- Arrange daily activities based on the urgency of the request for samples
- Identify patients using ID documents or other means.
- Reassure patients and help them relax
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
- Order and maintain stocks and resources.
- Record and analyze data; keep an accurate record of all specimens
- Adhere to all health and safety standards while working.
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Consistently completes duties neatly, accurately and promptly.
- Maintain, calibrate, clean and test sterility of the equipment.
- Determine suitable venipuncture sites
- Collect and prepare samples for testing.
- Draw blood using sterilized needles ensuring optimal quantity and quality of samples.
- Label samples correctly and answer patient questions giving them meaningful information.
Qualifications and Person Specification
- Candidates must have an MLT qualification.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Laboratory Technician or in a similar role.
- Familiarity with laboratory environment
- Technician experience/ training
- Attention to detail and skill in proper patient identification
- Experience in Venipuncture techniques
- Time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to connect with several types of patients.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Sound knowledge in clinical laboratory procedures.
- Knowledge of a high complexity clinical testing environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
Application Deadline 12th July, 2022.