Afriglobal Medicare Limited (AML) is a leading, state-of-the-art, diagnostic firm providing comprehensive, accurate and reliable testing with quick turn-around time and innovative solutions, with special attention to patient care. We are a highly skilled and motivated team, committed to improving healthcare in Africa through quality and affordable diagnostics. Our core services include Radiology, Pathology, Cardiology and Wellness.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician (Phlebotomist)
Location: Woji GRA, Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- To independently manage and perform the routine laboratory operations.
- Control TAT – Sample flow, Testing and Results
- Draws blood from patients for analysis or other medical purposes: Assembles equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray, according to requirements for specified tests or procedures.
- Verifies or records identity of patient or donor and converses with patient to allay fear of procedure.
- Applies tourniquet to arm, locates accessible vein, swabs puncture area with antiseptic, and inserts needle into vein to draw blood into collection tube.
- Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures, observing isolation procedures.
- Collects therapeutic drug-monitoring assays by collaborating with nursing personnel to ensure appropriate drug dose to collection time.
- Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed.
- Performs bleeding-times tests when needed and entering results to the database, informing laboratory supervisor of results falling outside normal ranges for onward report to the requesting physician
- Resolves unusual test orders by contacting the physician, pathologist, nursing station, or reference laboratory; referring unresolved orders back to the originator for further clarification; notifying supervisor of unresolved orders.
- Withdraws needle, applies treatment to puncture site, and labels and stores blood container for subsequent processing- duplication to be removed
- Verifies test requisitions by comparing information with requesting Physician or other medical personnel and bringing discrepancies to the attention of unit personnel.
- Obtains blood specimens by performing venipuncture and finger sticks.
- Record and maintain inventory of Laboratory and other related stocks
- Calibrate, standardize, and maintains instruments following established procedures.
- Validates & reports the results of tests performed.
- We need a licensed Lab Technicians (Phlebotomist) with 1 – 2 years cognate work experience in Laboratory process coordination & management
- Minimum Qualification of MLT (Medical Laboratory Science)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Current practicing license.
- Analyzing Information, Infection Control, Attention to Detail, Lab Environment, Procedural Skills, Quality Focus, creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Informing Others, and high ethics.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Possess 2 – 3 years post qualification experience.
- The ideal applicant must reside within the vicinity of Woji Road, GRA Phase 2, Port Harcourt.
- Should possess a specialized training in chemical pathology or hematology
- Candidate with proximity to these locations will be considered first.
- Male applicant will be considered for gender balance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified applicant will be contacted
Application Deadline 17th March, 2022.