American Cancer Hospital is a visionary project of IHC (International Healthcare Consulting) in the US. The Board consists of Prominent Medical Professionals and business folks dedicated to the development of high-quality healthcare facilities. In 2016, a new door opened up in Imo State, Nigeria where the Local Government had built a number of hospitals. Three of these hospital buildings were offered as lease to International Healthcare Consulting (IHC) to develop medical services in Imo state.
IHC is expected to equip and man the hospitals and develop critical essential medical services in the state. To carry out this work, a locally registered entity has been formed as Imo International Health Systems (IIHS). While establishing basic medical services it became apparent that Nigeria had been left behind in a very important aspect of healthcare – Cancer.
A mission opens up: American Cancer hospital today is open 24 hours with all the essential services for medical care with a special focus on Cancer. The hospital was officially inaugurated on 20th March 2019. It has all the facilities to treat all kinds of cancers.
A very important hallmark of all the work done in the US has been the pursuit of Quality. A lot of work went into bringing the place to life from clearing the premises to building the walls to equipping the hospital with furniture and sophisticated diagnostic imaging and laboratory services. Next came the recruitment of specialized overseas and local staff. Consultants in various specialties from overseas have been recruited to provide the best of services and train local doctors and nurses in the latest techniques of cancer treatment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Location: Owerri, Imo
Employment Type: Full-time
Provide Primary Care Services as follows:
- Urgent medical services (including resuscitation, stabilization and assessment and diagnosis, treatment and referral as necessary);
- Assess the urgency and severity of presenting problems through history taking, examination and investigation.
- Recommending and, where appropriate, undertaking treatment options and carrying out/referring for appropriate interventions and procedures, including but not limited to prescribing, minor surgery and other general practice procedures, counselling, psychological interventions, advising and education.
- Referral for diagnostic, therapeutic and support services as required.
- All patient consultations must be accurately recorded in the clinical patient notes/PMSwithin 24 hours of seeing the patient.
- Enter all patients information into the PMS system in anaccurate, appropriate and in accordance with agreed protocols.
- MBBS with minimum of 2 years post graduation experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 20th May, 2022.