Graceco Limited – We are a food processing and manufacturing company with specialty in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionery industries. We are a leader in confectioneries and bakers’ items. Our success is powered by our world-class team of highly engaged and committed staff.
In our company you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfil their potential. Our rapid expanding business means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight and acquire life time experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Microbiologist
Location: Alagbado, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Conduct Microbiological Analysis on Water, Raw Materials, Packaging Materials and Finished product to ensure consistency of products at the Receiving intermediate and finished stage.
- Collection of swabs of machines, Personnel and PPE for inoculation
- Measure the effectiveness of cleaning and sanitation methods and practices via microbial analysis on the production floor
- Determining the microbial load of the facilities and compressors via air sampling to create a safe and ambient conditioning.
- Implementing Corrective actions against established CCP
- Prepare reports based on daily activities in the microbiological laboratory
- Train Salespersons, Quality Control Officers and personnel from Production, facility, logistics, store etc. on quality related issues.
- Perform appropriate Laboratory sample prep and analysis steps.
- Work with QC team to achieve a product that is consumable
- Participate in pest control programme by ensuring effectiveness of fumigation, fogging and baiting.
- Ensure weekly effectiveness of the insectocutors to reduce population of insects on the production floor.
- Conducts weekly audits on Good Hygiene Practice
- In process check in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice etc.
Requisite Qualifications / Experience
- B.Sc Microbiology Second Class Upper ( 2.1)
- 1-3 years’ experience as a microbiologist preferably in a manufacturing company
- Must be computer literate: Excel, MS Word, Power Point
Required Skills / Attributes:
- Ability to communicate above average; explain issue to staff in a clear and simple manner
- Ability to write good report; precise and concise report and documentation
- Knowledge in handling laboratory tools and equipment
- High Reasoning; Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in math or diagram form and deal with several abstract/concrete variables.
- Effective people supervision and meeting set standards in terms of output
- Ability to handle successfully and effectively assigned tasks for specific assessments
- Possess good level of initiative and emotional intelligent
- Strong attention to details and
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Microbiologist.” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st March, 2022.