Sifax Group is one of Africa’s fastest growing multinational corporations with diverse interests in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage & Logistics, Oil & Gas and Hospitality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile Harbor Crane Operator
Location: Tincan Island Port, Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Work Cycle: Shift Basis
- Operate the mobile harbour crane in compliance with the company’s operating safety policies and procedures.
- Operate the equipment in the right direction and angles to prevent accidents and damage to property.
- Will be responsible for managing the stowage/bay plan
- Recording in the log or report the details of all inspections, maintenance, and other work done on the crane while in the field.
- Ensure continuous operations with a hot seat changeover at shift changeover times.
- Actively promote safety culture and awareness at all times and ensures a safe workplace policy.
- Be well versatile with safety procedures, lifting and rigging procedures, and risk assessments when operating the cranes.
- Conduct pre-operational safety checks on the mobile harbour crane (MHC) in accordance with PCHS policies and procedures and report defects.
- Respond to signals and directions by the staff (Ashore/Onboard) and work in coordination with them.
- Minimum of an SSCE or HND, BSc or B.Tech qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in same role
- Proficient with terminal standard equipment and technical expertise.
- Thoroughly familiar with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices terminal operations.
- A comprehensive understanding of container terminal operations, especially vessel cargo logistics, hazardous cargo, break-bulk and special cargo handling requirements and equipment.
- N150,000 – N250,000 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 15th July, 2022.