Multi Aid and Charity Initiative (MACI) is a registered non-governmental and nonprofit organization majorly concerned with improving the health and well-being condition of women and children, advocacy, and Peacebuilding through policies and programs designed, aimed at salvaging the devastating situation caused by the over a decade Boko Haram insurgency. MACI’s humanitarian interest includes; Gender-based Violence, Girl Child Education, Women and Youth, Empowerment, Sexual and Reproductive Health Education, Community Health Education, and Mobilization. MACI has reached over 10,000 vulnerable women and children with life support and life-changing services in northeast Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to support the implementation of the Project in the context of north-eastern Nigeria.
- The purpose of this role is to provide timely, accurate information on project implementation and ensure that monitoring and evaluation are in line with specific project and donor requirements.
- The role’s support is to achieve accountability, transparency and programme quality in project locations.
- The post holder is to ensure that project activities are in line with the Logical Framework and relevant guidelines.
Dimensions of Role
- Communicates with the M&E coordinator and across MACI, with Donor and field level implementing partners. The post holder will support the establishment of a systematic Monitoring and Evaluation system.
- The post holder will interface and support programme team members and programme coordination.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organizational skills along with the ability to analyses and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
Duties / Responsibilities
In collaboration with the Field Team, M&E coordinator and other relevant staff, the M&E officer will:
- Will ensure to be responsible for advocacy mapping.
- Support the development and implementation of program M&E plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities
- Support the development of data flow pattern for project that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Support to ensure that M&E-specific elements of local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate.
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning.
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits.
- Support to ensure that relevant data (5Ws, 3Ws and related MIS data) are entered into an organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyze, and disseminate project data.
- Facilitate M&E capacity-building activities with project staff and implementing partners.
- Provide leadership at project location level on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Field based team, sector Specialists and the M&E Manager, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting system.
- Lead efforts at project location to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making.
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 year work experience in monitoring and evaluating. humanitarian emergency response programs, with an organization with a robust M&E component.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis, and presentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Familiarity with M&E for GBV and General Protection
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform.
- Strong technical skills, including the ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (Excel/Word document) and power point
- A good knowledge of the kobo collect tool.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills with a proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public, and NGO sectors.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy, and compliance requirements.
Required Competencies and Values:
- Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Integrity & transparency
- Managing and sharing knowledge
- Delivering results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter, as a single word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: MACI welcomes applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure.
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2022.