PYXERA Global envisions a world in which individuals, organizations, and institutions from different points on the globe converge to address complex challenges through sustainable and mutually beneficial efforts. For over a quarter century, PYXERA Global has been working to improve lives and build the capacity of individuals and institutions around the world. Today, our work is guided by our commitment to design and implement solutions that achieve real-world goals through approaches that inspire, enrich, and endure.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Locations: Calabar – Cross River, Benue and Kebbi
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date for this position: 7th June, 2021
Programme: Enterprise and Community Development – West Africa Agriculture Resilience Program (WAFARP)
About the Program
- The West Africa Agriculture Resilience Program (WAFARP) funded by the West Africa Trade and Investment Hub and co-implemented with PYXERA Global’s partner Dantata Foods and Allied Products Limited (DFAP) is a holistic agricultural and community development program designed to mitigate food insecurity experienced by Nigerian smallholder farmers due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- WAFARP aims to contribute to food security among smallholder farming communities in Nigeria’s Cross River, Kebbi, and Benue States by:
- Enhancing efficiency and quality in the food value chain through an integrated agriculture aggregation center system;
- Building farmer capacity through education, training, and certification that will equip farmers with the standards and tools to produce high-quality food crops that command high prices, leading to increased earnings; and
- Creating an inclusive agricultural system that effectively and sustainably engages and generates economic and employment opportunities for women and youth along each link of the rice, maize, and soybean value chains across the three states.
- PYXERA Global seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to lead the design, implementation, and operation of M&E systems from program initiation to closeout of a complex agricultural and integrated community development program in Nigeria designed to mitigate the food insecurity experienced by smallholder farmers and their communities due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The M&E Officer will oversee the monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results, providing regular updates to the program implementing team and Program Lead.
- The M&E Officer will report to the Program Lead. The position is based in Nigeria.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Assist the Program Lead and project team with the development of the M&E Plan for the project, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans.
- Lead role in overseeing data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit worthy.
- Fully participate in all Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Youth and Gender trainings provided the Trade Hub and provide reports to Program Lead.
- Support the Program Lead in developing quality assurance strategies fordata gathering, management, and analysis.
- Conduct frequent site visits to observe trainings, monitor activities for compliance, engage and build relationships with the community.
- Ensure that Rapid Rural Assessment (RRA) at the start of the WAFARP Program to establish baseline and all other project evaluations are carried out according to schedule; and findings and recommendations are relayed to the Program Lead and staff in a timely manner.
- Exhibit and be committed to the values of honesty, transparency, integrity, humility, freedom to innovate, equality, maintaining a “light” attitude, quality, teamwork, focus on goals, accountability to all partners, and monitoring to learn and improve.
- Assist in program design and work plan development in the field, in consultation with the Program Lead, in-country stakeholders, and PYXERA Global Nigeria and DC Offices.
- Establish and manage internal M&E systems for effective and efficient project data management andreporting.
- Design, adapt, and apply quantitative and qualitative tools to assess program activities.
- Orient and train project staff in understanding and applying results-oriented monitoring & evaluation policies, tools & methods; encouragethe project teamto appreciate the importance and value of M&E.
- Assist theproject team in the development of regular programmatic reports to PYXERA Global DC Office per donor and partnerrequirements.
- Other duties, as assigned by the PYXERA Global DC Office and Country Office in Nigeria.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree or equivalent in M&E, Statistics, Demographics, Public Policy, International Development, Economics, or related field of study.
- A minimum of six years of experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities on international development projects.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Excellent interpersonal and willingness to be part of a team.
- Excellent oral, written, and spoken communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Nigerian national.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/or performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience with community and rural development projects.
- Professional experience in the Cross River State, Benue, and Kebbi Regions of Nigeria.
- Proficiency in one of more West African languages strongly preferred.
This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits. Pay range for this position is competitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter and salary requirements to: [email protected] using ” M & E Officer, WAFARP” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadlime 28th May, 2021.