Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) – Primarily funded by the Federal Government, the Ministry currently superintends almost fifty parastatals operating as either key departments or agencies across the country. The Ministry has 2 major departments namely Technical and Service Departments. Technical Departments: Agriculture (Trees and Crops), Fisheries, Livestock, Land Resources, Fertilizer, Food Reserve & Storage and Rural Development. Service Departments: Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, PPAS (Plan, Policy, Analysis & Statistics) and Co-operatives.
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in colaboration with the International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is implementing Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises project in the Niger Delta (LIFE-ND) states of Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers. Thus, the National Project Coordinating Office of the LIFE-ND hereby request applications from suitable qualified and competent personnel to fill the underlisted position:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Support Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Officer will support the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (MEC) in all planning of Monitoring and Evaluation (MBE) activities related to project implementation.
- He/She wil give support in the overseeing of all the design and Operationalization of robust systems for PME and ensure is full linkage with other information and knowledge systems, to enable the project to be flexible and responsive to changing circumstances.
- The MESO will reach out to all staff on M&E issues emaating from all components and aggregate for the MEC to validate and approve.
- The officer will work closely with the Coordinator to ensure the state M&E staff get all relevant information as is emanating from the National Office of the Monitoring and Evaluation of the Project
- Work closely with the MEC in developing activities for the annual work plan and budget (AWPB)
- Support the project M&E system with continuous reference to the Project’s Logical Framework taking into account government monitoring frameworks and IFAD ORMS methodology
- Support baseline and other surveys and assessments of beneficiaries at the beginning of the project to be undertaken by consultants
- Support the process of developing the M&E Plan, including the projects monitoring formats
- Assist in the population of all project indicators at all levels outputs, outcomes and impact indicators and monitor implementation processes and performance and assess outputs and outcomes in line with government and IFAD ORMS guidelines
- Assist in administering the project database and ensure it is constantly updated
- Support the Organization annual review and planning workshops and preparation of AWPS
- Assist in all preparations leading to joint supervision missions and analyzing reports
- Support the development of Terms of references to the monitoring and evaluation department
- Consolidate the AWP and state progress reports and contribute to the drafting of periodic project progress reports of the NPCO
- Work with other project staff to ensure all relevant data are captured by the MIS and the system is regularly updated
- Support the monitoring of financial and physical progress as well as reporting back to stakeholders to create a better learning environment; undertake project and thematic evaluations
- Assist in fostering while keeping record of a participatory planning and M&E trainings including stakeholder
- Prepare essential templates for data capture to be included in quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports
- Support the Integration of the M&E system into the overall project coordination and organization function and into an MIS
- Assist in ensuring proper data capture of intended impact as well as successes and failures, prepare reports and guide other staff in preparing their progress reports
- Support the Design and implementation of the report formats so that all reports from service providers implementing partners can be regularly and conveniently compiled aggregated to contribute to the overall project results framework
- Ensure data collection tools are available at the state levels
- Conduct any other duties in relation with the position as may be assigned by the MEC.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree or Higher National Diploma in Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant field
- Proficient in the use of databases and spreadsheets, statistical and other software packages for both quantitative and qualitative analysis and demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis and data management
- Experience in analyzing complex programmes or policies
- Have a thorough understanding of analytical tools
- Have a solid understanding of the use of modern information and communication technology (ICT) in development and excellent knowledge of computer-based communications tools, in particular web and mobile-based technology
- Experience in facilitation, in particular of learning processes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Working experience in the Niger Delta region will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience working in designing and implementing ME Results-based management and/or project management in areas such as agriculture, natural resources, rural finance, and policy matters.
- Experience working in IFAD or similar donor funded projects will be added advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Conversant with the Niger Delta region working environment.
Reporting and Location:
- The position will be in the NPCO located in Port Harcourt. He/She will report directly to the MEC.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with detailed CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: This position will be on for a period of two (2) years subject to renewal based on satisfactory performance
Application Deadline 28th February, 2022.