African Climate & Conservation Initiative is a non governmental and non for profit organization. We are a rising climate change and forest conservation organization that seeks to inspire people of all ages across Sub Saharan Africa to key into climate change mitigation and forest conservation activities, in both individual and community capacity. In the city of Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, ACCI Africa came into being in the year 2018 with a vision to create a climate mitigation and forest protection impact that’ll drive forward communities and governments awareness of environmental degradation activities, Their prolonged implications so as to encourage them, render their collective contributions to environmental sustainability. We as an environmental organization has engaged various communities and schools with environmental literacy programmes to equip them with the needed awareness to approach the menace of climate change and forest trees depletion in their various communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The role holder will support this organization’s response to the humanitarian crisis in Nigeria, ensuring MEAL activities are effectively planned for, incorporated, and functioning optimally across multiple projects in the humanitarian sector.
- The role holder will assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the organization’s MEAL & Humanitarian Response, providing effective and timely support (including capacity building) to liberated communities and partner organizations, enabling them to implement the rapid, effective and principled MEAL response to emergencies, and ensuring that this is in line with organization’s SOPs and Humanitarian Standards.
- The role holder will be representing the organization in sector working groups meetings/activities and engage in the right networks while increasing the profile of our organization’s Humanitarian and resilience work and its visibility in the region.
- Projects are proposed and designed with high a high-quality MEAL system in place that ensures the organization’s humanitarian projects have a strong component of MEAL.
- Assessment, studies and other research endeavours are carried out using standard scientific methodology and approach that results in a quality works with good internal and external validity.
- Decisions on supporting projects are informed by organization’s strategy and strategic focus areas, with a strong program of institutional support and strengthening for Partners in place.
- Continuous analysis, use and dissemination of data and information that facilitates informed decision making.
- Partner and beneficiary engagement successfully led.
- Have a Degree or HND qualification
- 3 – 5 years ofexperience of working in humanitarian response with local and/international partner organizations.
- Ability to use data visualization tools such as Power Bi, Tableau and GDS.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Good reporting and writing skills in English.
- Good knowledge of use and application of statistical analysis tools such Microsoft Excel, SPSS and STATA.
- She/he have at least 3 years of humanitarian response experience in leading MEAL programming.
- Familiar with MEAL methods and processes in the Northeast Nigeria.
- Experienced in research and its reporting.
- Ability to communicate fluently in Hausa and English language.
- Strong positive attitude and ability to manage a wide range of issues of complicated procedures, indicated by 4 – 5 years of learning period.
- Experience managing MEAL systems across multiple projects
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 30th June, 2022.