The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NACA Program Officer
Employment Type: Contract
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) has received funding from Global Fund for the period 2021-2023, in continuance of the pursuit of its statutory responsibilities for HIV/AIDS treatment, care & Support and strengthening of health systems in Nigeria by further addressing the gaps in the National HIV prevention and treatment program. A dedicated Project Management Unit (PMU) manages all grant-related activities.
- Responsible for knowledge management within the NACA PMU and with the relevant NACA Departments and other external stakeholders.
- The program officer is responsible for archiving and retrieval of all grant technical and legal documents, including reports, official letters, and presentations.
- S/he is responsible for tracking the NACA PMU workplan and monitoring the implementation of planned activities.
- S/he is also responsible for secretariat support for all grant-related meetings, ensuring high-quality minutes are produced and shared with stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Develop a quarterly workplan of activities of the PMU and track same to support the prompt implementation of planned activities
- Interface with relevant NACA user departments so that grant activities are coordinated and implemented smoothly.
- Interface with relevant NACA user departments to request relevant documentation, support and follow-up to retrieve requested documents that are needed for the implementation of planned grant activities.
- Support the development of periodic updates and progress reports on all components of the GF grant activities.
- Responsible for control, security, accessibility, and timeliness of grant documents that may be used by/useful to members of the PMU, such as policies, procedures, guidelines, forms, templates, etc.
- Troubleshoot and recommend solutions for issues related to PMU staff engagement with user departments in NACA and other partners interfacing with the PMU.
- Ensure that organizational documents go through a documented and approved review-and-approval process before being stored.
- Ensure the security, accessibility, and proper distribution of grant documents.
- Manage vendor services related to meetings and travels on all grant activities
- Ensure proper compliance and adherence to all GF guidelines particularly as regards travel related activities.
- Responsible for administrative functions such as travel schedules, meeting support equipment and liaison to service providers.
- Ensure adequate secretarial support for all grant-related meetings and activities involving the PMU
- Manage organizational documentation for the PMU through the grant life cycle.
- Manage grant documents while also ensuring their accuracy, quality and integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a First Degree in Health Sciences, Life Sciences or Social Sciences
- An advanced degree in any of the above will be an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the development field, grant program support or implementation in an administrative role
- Ability to prioritize, manage time well, multitask and troubleshoot.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Computer Skills: 5 years of experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, certificates are an advantage.
- Good knowledge and experience working on an international donor public health project, is an advantage (preferably Global Fund)
- Experience working with Government Ministry, Departments and Agencies at either the federal or state level is an advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th November, 2022.