Grand Pela Hotel and Suites, Abuja, managed by Premium Swiss Hotels & Resorts Zurich-Switzerland, is a luxury 4 Star hotel located at the residential area in Durumi, near American Int’l School, Abuja. The Hotel is 30 minutes’ drive to/from Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport and 15mins from the city Centre of Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Steward / Assistant Stewarding Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Executive Chef and F&B Manager
- He / She is responsible to assist the stewarding manager to enforce the highest possible cleanliness and hygiene standards in all food processing facilities, as well as the operating equipment.
- Main responsibilities include dish room operations, night cleaning, back area cleaning and equipment maintenance, banquet plating, and food running.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Supervise the duties of all stewarding department employees, facilities, operations,s, and costs.
- Supervise the sanitation, cleanliness, hygiene as well as the quality level of product and services.
- Ensure Back of House areas are maintained to the highest cleanliness standards and cleaning schedules are followed and completed.
- Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean up more efficient.
- Ensure water temperature, and chemical levels are appropriate for cleaning and documented.
- Assist with Banquet plate-ups and buffet by transporting and ensuring adequate stock.
- Assist Chefs and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed.
- Check more specifically the proper use of chemicals and washing accessories.
- Coordinate with the Stewarding Manager in establishing minimum and maximum operating par stocks and supplies and approve storeroom requisition.
- Coordinate with the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager and Outlet Managers to check their requirements for the day and the next day.
- Assist in the location, movement, and storage of banquet operational equipment.
- Assist in the stocktake of equipment and other items as required.
- Work closely with the Chef, Banquets & Catering Manager to anticipate guest needs.
- Work with all departments to ensure items that are required for service are available when needed.
- Take all necessary actions to reduce the loss of silverware/flatware.
- Take all necessary actions to reduce the breakage of China and Glasswares.
- Supervises employees’ ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Enforces proper cleaning routines for service ware, equipment, floors, etc.
- Enforces proper use and cleaning of all dish room machinery.
- Ensures all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensuring Stewarding staff have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Prepare monthly reports on shortages in china silverware and equipment and requisition replacements as required while following budget guidelines.
- Lead and manage the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure standards are followed.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model for the stewarding teams to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel’s Management.
- The ideal candidate will be a friendly, respectful individual with good cross-cultural sensitivity and a concern for quality, and an eye for details.
- You will work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working with a multi-cultural team while possessing the following additional competencies:
- You should ideally have a 1 or 2-year diploma in hospitality with previous experiences in the Stewarding Department within a hotel.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, along with strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities are essentials.
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft office applications is required.
- 4 years experience in the procurement, food, and beverage, culinary, or related professional area or Previous leadership experience in a Stewarding department.
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Sous Chef / Executive Chef
- As a Chef De Partie (CDP) you are responsible supporting the Head and Sous Chef in a busy hotel kitchen delivering consistently high-quality food, handle purchase orders and ensure that items arriving without authorization are not received.
- Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with the new products,recipes and preparation techniques.
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
- Responsible to supervise junior chefs or commis.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consults daily with Sous Chef and Executive chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
- Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
- Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Assess quality control and adhere to hotels service standards.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- A high standard of spoken and written English.
- Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent culinary catering talent.
- Hotel Management Graduate or Culinary Degree with minimum 3 years certification.
- At least 3 year’s experience cooking in a well-established restaurant or full-service hotel and/or minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role.
Job Title: Executive Sous Chef / Chef de Cuisine
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Reports To: Executive Chef
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Executive Sous Chef is responsible to assist the Executive Chef for overall kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
- Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Also Assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Able to make recommendations to the Executive Chef regarding succession planning.
- To be aware of all financial budgets and goals.
- To ensure that guests are alwaysreceivingan exceptional dining experience representing true value for money.
- Ensure that allrecipesand product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly.
- Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards whilst maintainingportion controland minimizing waste.
- Ensure that food stock levels within the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to thehoteloccupancyand functionforecasts.
- Ensure that associate meals and associate dining services are of a consistently high standard.
- Ensure that chefs are always in clean tidy uniforms and are always presentable to be in guest view.
- Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safety and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained.
- Ensure that all culinary operations manuals are prepared and updated.
- Ensure that the Department’s overall operational budgets are strictly adhered too.
- Ensure that the culinary department adheres to all company and hotel policies and procedures.
- Ensure that a consistent first class product of the highest quality is achieved and maintained in all culinary areas, whilst adhering to operational deadlines.
- Ensure that meetings are well planned and results-orientated.
- Creative menu planning and correct food preparation for each outlets including banquets.
- To work in close conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager and respective & teams, to create a yearly marketing Plan for the outlet.
- Ensure that all relevant banquet set-ups are prepared ahead of guest’s arrival and in adherence with hotel standards.
- Be aware of new items, which are introduced onto the market and keep up with the lasted product trends.
- To fully understand the market needs and desires for each outlet and ensure that the menus are developed to reflect those needs.
- To initiate relevant maintenance reports and work orders supported by the respective follow up of those items actioned.
- To manage associates fairly and take a personal interest in knowing all culinary associates.
- To project a positive and motivated attitude among-st all associates.
- To spend time in the restaurant to ensure that the operation is managed well by the outlet team.
- To frequently verify that only the highest quality products are used in food preparation.
- To Ensure that all food products received into the hotel are of the required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
- Responsible for the supervision of all stewards and their activities within the culinary department.
- Ensure that weekly work schedules and annual leave planners are administered and filed correctly.
- Ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
- To delegate responsibilities to subordinates as required.
- Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- To act as manager on duty for the hotel as scheduled.
- To recruit and select a suitable culinary team who are able to work within a decentralized management philosophy.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual.
- Fair and firm management abilities with high influencing skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage.
- Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
- Excellent communication skills and computer skills.
- Initiative and Self-motivated.
- Ideal training and coaching skills.
- Culinary Diploma from a recognized institution or higher.
- At least 10 years’ experience with 2 years in a senior management position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 7th May, 2021.