One Acre Fund – Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with the One Acre Fund.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Data Quality Officer
Location: Minna, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- One Acre Fund is a data-driven environment that invests heavily in quality systems to answer the most important questions facing our organization.
- We always aim to create more impact on farmers who participate in our program and this is made possible by the efficient and creative Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) department.
- The MEL Coordinator will support the department by creating high-quality surveys in CommCare, ensuring high-quality data, and assisting with data cleaning and analysis tasks.
- The MEL Coordinator will communicate with the field team to solve technical survey challenges and work with office-based staff to support the development and implementation of MEL systems and quality reports.
- Conduct weekly error checking analysis for all ongoing surveys
- Keep a running error tracker and communicate with the field team to understand and correct errors
- Analyze back check data and communicate results to the field team to help improve data quality
- Communicate error check and backcheck results to the field team and management to improve data quality
Survey Design in CommCare:
- Design all surveys in CommCare and ensure all data quality controls (display conditions, validation conditions, warning messages) are in place before the start of each survey
- Work with department leadership to ensure that all survey protocols are implemented in CommCare
- Test all surveys before data collection
- Troubleshoot CommCare challenges, including case management issues
- Stay up-to-date with CommCare features, and ensure surveys incorporate all needed features for maximum efficiency and high data quality
- Respond to feedback from the field team and improve CommCare surveys based on challenges during survey implementation
Data Cleaning & Analysis:
- Perform data cleaning for core surveys in Stata; maintain well-documented do-files
- Analyze quantitative summary statistics in Excel and/or Stata and prepare results tables for results communication
- Conduct routine data analysis on transportation fees and other budgetary items
- Perform qualitative data analysis of focus group and interview transcripts
- Maintain the MEL team’s goals Tracker: keep track of survey completion rates, back check completion rates, and survey errors and corrections
- Compile and synthesize data from JG1 & JG2 performance reviews
- Keep track of inventory and resolve technical problems with tablets
- Translate and back-translated surveys; occasionally translate qualitative and quantitative data and results
- Other tasks needed by the department
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience or successful entrepreneurial experience.
- Two years minimum practical experience working on data collection in a rural setting.
- Understanding of best practices in experimental design concepts, such as control group selection and randomization.
- Extract summary statistics using pivot Tables and ExcelFormulae.
- Conduct analysis using statistics, logic, and validation formulae.
- Experience creating survey tools for field data collection and managing a field-based research team.
- Knowledge of electronic data collection platforms (e.g. ODK, SurveyCTO, CommCare).
- Preferably experience with statistical software packages such as SPSS, Stata, or R.
- Experience mentoring others to support their professional development.
- Build teams and work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Languages: English (required), Hausa an added advantage.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and.
- Educational background in statistics, economics, population studies, development studies, monitoring and evaluation, project management, or any other relevant field of study with an understanding of quantitative and qualitative research.
- Fluency in Microsoft excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), specifically:
- Design basic data-entry spreadsheets (can perform complex functions) in “database format” (observations horizontally across, 1 variable per column) with useful data validation.
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Health Insurance, paid time off.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Preferred Start Date:
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely.
- Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
- This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Nigeria.
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feels consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace
Application Deadline 20th July, 2021.