Eye Foundation Hospital Group (EFHG) is a healthcare group with speciality in Eye care services. The Eye Foundation Hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Location: Gwarinpa, Abuja (FCT)
- A Nursing Officer is responsible for treating patients who are sick and injured, counselling, offering advice and emotional support to patients and their families, taking care of paperwork, helping doctors diagnose patients and providing advice and follow-up care.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Must be a registered Nurse
- Double qualification in Ophthalmic Nursing is an added advantage.
- Must have a current practicing license.
- Must be an intermediate user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- 1 year experience in Nursing and patient care.
- Experience in Eye Healthcare is an added Advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be Compassionate
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication Skills
- Strong Professional Conduct.
- Commitment to Safety.
- Attention to Details.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 28th February, 2022.